BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
310GS has been “on hold” for 2 months and about to take action for recovery but
Parts for side stand apparently will arrive next week +
Rumbuk crash bars from South Africa arrived to local airport and despite no GST duty ripped off $113 Qantas freight and customs refused self import (agent another $110) Bars only cost $430
No duty if they had been posted (refused)
No local importer here
Great bars though

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi mate, I'm from Brisbane, and literally just joined, so yet to write my own intro. I just bought a g310gs yesterday and was completely unaware of the kickstand issue, so its interesting to hear they've been delaying delivery.
According to the dealer the bike should be delivered next week, so hopefully the kickstand issue will have already been rectified.
Did you end up going through with the purchase?

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Welcome to the forum maxbro and deegee.

There's lots of great info here and members are always happy to help out.

That's a bugger regarding the customs charges, they can really catch someone out. Even o/s ebay listings have started to add 10% GST to everything.

deegee, which dealer did you buy your bike from?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome aboard from north of the equator - Texas, USA. I guess a proper multicultural welcome would be Howdy Mate.

What I can't understand is how you keep a motorcycle from flying off the earth when you live down under? Oh wait, never mind. I just remembered a Top Gear episode where Jeremy Clarkson took a high value SUV to Sidney to see if the glove box lid would work properly - it did. Must be some sort of Oz magic. :grin2:0:)

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Thanks porth. Morgan and Whacker at Newstead is where I bought mine. How are you enjoying your 310 so far?
I've had it for a bit over a year and love it, Morgan and Whacker have been great, can highly recommend them.

·
Registered
935 Posts
and another Aussie !!!
maxbro, you, welcome too.

"What is it with you Aussies. Many of you choose to ride this little beamer and become a member of this forum.Is it something in your beer ;-) GREAT !

·
Registered
142 Posts
Half the beer I drink is German/Dutch, so it could be something in YOUR beer :D
Hopefully more dutch Will join the forum after drinking that beer 😇
Perhaps this is because most Aussie beer is best left in the bottle or can, or perhaps sent to the UK..... >:):wink2::grin2:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Perhaps this is because most Aussie beer is best left in the bottle or can, or perhaps sent to the UK..... >:):wink2::grin2:
My dad was stationed in the UK during the war and he said the best thing to do with English beer was to pour it straight back into the horse.

Must have changed over the years, because when I was stationed in the UK in the late 60s I thought it was perfectly good. Maybe part of it was the pubs I used to frequent - they were great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol, plenty of good Aussie beers out there, just not the mainstream stuff most people know about :D
Same can be said of Kiwi beers - fortunately there are a good number of craft brewers about, and getting more available all the time with supermarkets stocking some of them.
This afternoons planned ride takes in On Tap - Hopscotch I will have a couple of bottles in my back pack to bring some home....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same can be said of Kiwi beers - fortunately there are a good number of craft brewers about, and getting more available all the time with supermarkets stocking some of them.
This afternoons planned ride takes in On Tap - Hopscotch I will have a couple of bottles in my back pack to bring some home....
That's a pretty comprehensive list of beers :D
Never been to the north island, but driven round the south island a couple of times. Love to go back and do a tour on a bike someday!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts