BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, got my 310GS (my first Beemer bike) about a week ago and absolutely loving it! Have picked up some good tips and I enjoy reading this forum (when not on the GS!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike. Have you found anything about it that you do not like? I'm excited about getting mine, supposedly next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issues with the bike, it is perfect for the purpose I intended. I wanted something light and nimble with low fuel consumption that was also reliable and easy to maintain (or have maintained and serviced). I guess if you read some of the gripes and comments from other riders, you might understand why some might feel dissatisfied with a few things, like the clutch that isn’t adjustable. Personally I don’t care about any of that, it rides, brakes and corners like I expected it to. If you come from a larger displacement you might be left wanting for top end and acceleration, but again, it’s not something I was looking for.

I

Love

my

310GS!!

What color did you order?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Racing red. I thought it may be a slight bit more visible to the other drivers. Just maybe. Also, maybe a tad bit cooler in the hot South Carolina sun during the summer. I shy away from the stickers that make the red and blue on the white one. Plus, red matches the old 1965 Honda cb160 we have. Personally, I would have loved a forest green or maybe a sage green but you can't always get what you want.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats on the new bike too.
As its -4C here in the UK and lots of snow, I can only dream about
riding in the nice weather you are probably experiencing now.
Enjoy the bike and the forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1suffolkmare: Red looks awesome although I got the Black

Blackie: I can only sympathize, it’s a lovely sunny 26 Celcius here today, I’ll be hitting the trails later today.

Tonnetje: thanks for the welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts