BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, put an order for G310GS in white this past Saturday. Hope to pick it up during the week once registration formalities are alll done.

Time to think about accessories and stuff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice man, I daily into town from Te Atatu. Its a pretty nice commuter bike. I've found I don't need anything more than a decent backpack for my transportation needs.

That includes bringing home 2 control arms for my Volvo wagon that arrived today.

It's costing me $18 a week in gas roughly...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi! Apparently Givi has just come out with a range of accessories for the 310R/GS, including luggage.
Enjoy your ride, I find my GS great in traffic and just soaks up potholes etc no problem

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Registration and first warrant of fitness done today. Hope to take delivery tomorrow. I don't like backpack option, I'll look at Givi options. For my previous bike (Yamaha XSR700) I had gone with SW Motech Legend bags. But obviously that's not an appropriate look for this bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh no! Another Kiwi. Says someone who comes from the People's Republic of Texas! I'm just jealous. :wink2:

Always nice to see citizens of Middle Earth on motorcycle forums, particularly this one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey KiwiJ, I mention the Givi line as my local dealer is going to get some in and fit out one of the bikes in stock, so will be available in-country. I currently have Hepco & Becker C-Bow cases stuck in customs...grrr...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the bike, with 5 kms on the clock. 10 kms ride home with rain clouds and evening commuter traffic was interesting. New tyres on wet roads is not fun. Very comfy ride though.

·
Super Moderator
895 Posts
Picked up the bike, with 5 kms on the clock. 10 kms ride home with rain clouds and evening commuter traffic was interesting. New tyres on wet roads is not fun. Very comfy ride though.

5km seems about normal for all the running in checks at the factory. Take care in the rain, hope you get some nice days so that you can scrub in your tyres. :grin2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey KiwiJ, I mention the Givi line as my local dealer is going to get some in and fit out one of the bikes in stock, so will be available in-country. I currently have Hepco & Becker C-Bow cases stuck in customs...grrr...
Which dealer is that? I picked up the bike from Experience Motorcycles in Morningside. I got free BMW GS Gloves (Gore-Tex) and full year onroads in the price. Happy with the deal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer is in Chch, not much use to you, but you could suggest yours do the same. Looking forward to seeing the taller screen and engine bars.
May I suggest you check your tyre pressures, when I picked my GS up new it had 40psi front and rear. Rear tried to skid out on me on the way home, not pleasant. Much better at about 28psi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts