BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Rhode Islander here. I took home a new 2018 G310R in blue a couple weeks ago. Hoping to get another month or so of riding out this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from up 146!
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go through? I was thinking about buying a bike from Wagner, however they didn't have any blue bikes and as a Mass dealer they couldn't register a bike in RI for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the 310 and welcome to the board. This your first bike from BMW?
Yup. Previous bikes were a Husqvarna TR650 Strada and a Suzuki DR650. I'm hoping to buy a R nine T Urban GS in a few years once I graduate law school and pass the bar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go through? I was thinking about buying a bike from Wagner, however they didn't have any blue bikes and as a Mass dealer they couldn't register a bike in RI for me.
Sorry I missed this but yes! I got mine at Wagner. Funny thing was that they only had the Blue when I got mine in Nov 2017 and had them order the Pearl White for me. How are you liking the bike so far?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve only seen a GS around here in Worcester but no one else with an R just yet. Hopefully next Spring we can all have a meet somewhere.
That GS you saw in Worcester could have been me. I sometimes stop in Worcester for a meal before heading into the hills. I still have yet to see a 31gs of any sort out in the wild.

About six weeks ago I rode from Providence to Worcester (ate at Dalot), from there took RT 122 out towards MT Wachusett. After relaxing at the lookout station I took the back roads down to Treehouse brewery. This was a lovely ride through some scenic country. I was able to strap a box of beer to the luggage rack and from there took the back roads back to Providence. I passed through Southbridge, MA and Putnam, CT and then took RT 44 back into RI. I'd gladly do a similar route again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I missed this but yes! I got mine at Wagner. Funny thing was that they only had the Blue when I got mine in Nov 2017 and had them order the Pearl White for me. How are you liking the bike so far?
The bike's great. The only cons are that the bike vibrates a lot once you get to 65-70 (fastest I've pushed the bike is 72 I think), but it's a 310, and that getting the bike into neutral or from neutral into first can be a bit wonky, but all three bikes I've owned have been a little tricky to get into neutral sometimes.

If you guys are interest in doing a SNE group ride in say April or May, I can start a thread in General Discussion. I've lived in different parts of RI and also lived in NH, so I know some decent roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
The bike's great. The only cons are that the bike vibrates a lot once you get to 65-70 (fastest I've pushed the bike is 72 I think), but it's a 310, and that getting the bike into neutral or from neutral into first can be a bit wonky, but all three bikes I've owned have been a little tricky to get into neutral sometimes.

If you guys are interest in doing a SNE group ride in say April or May, I can start a thread in General Discussion. I've lived in different parts of RI and also lived in NH, so I know some decent roads.
for that reason I have seen folks new to riding immediately move up to bigger CC bikes which might explain why middle-class segments are booming.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Sounds good! I’m not sure if it just me but once I got my first service done, the ride definitely feels a lot better. Have you done yours yet? I know you only had it for a few weeks but I’m sure you can bang out 600-800 miles within a few weeks 🙂

·
Registered
103 Posts
That GS you saw in Worcester could have been me. I sometimes stop in Worcester for a meal before heading into the hills. I still have yet to see a 31gs of any sort out in the wild.

About six weeks ago I rode from Providence to Worcester (ate at Dalot), from there took RT 122 out towards MT Wachusett. After relaxing at the lookout station I took the back roads down to Treehouse brewery. This was a lovely ride through some scenic country. I was able to strap a box of beer to the luggage rack and from there took the back roads back to Providence. I passed through Southbridge, MA and Putnam, CT and then took RT 44 back into RI. I'd gladly do a similar route again.
Mmmmmm...beeer! Do you have a hi-viz jacket? If so that was definitely you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good! I’m not sure if it just me but once I got my first service done, the ride definitely feels a lot better. Have you done yours yet? I know you only had it for a few weeks but I’m sure you can bang out 600-800 miles within a few weeks 🙂
That's good to hear! I'm just about to, I hit 600 miles yesterday. Next week is supposed to be warmer, so that'll take me into November.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts