BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from Wales in the UK.
Got my G310GS on order and getting it 1st September. Very impressed with what I've seen so far. My only concern is the long term quality of some of the components so I'm happy it comes with a 3 year warranty.
I'm returning to biking after a 5 year break following a crash and this bike should be a nice route back in for me.
This is a great forum and I am looking forward to being a member to give and receive help and advice.

Dave :wink2:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello everyone from Wales in the UK.
Got my G310GS on order and getting it 1st September. Very impressed with what I've seen so far. My only concern is the long term quality of some of the components so I'm happy it comes with a 3 year warranty.
I'm returning to biking after a 5 year break following a crash and this bike should be a nice route back in for me.
This is a great forum and I am looking forward to being a member to give and receive help and advice.

Dave :wink2:
Apparently,BMW have increased the warranty period from 2 to 3 years from 1st August, 2018 - I hope that you will never need it. I only got 2 years when I bought my G310R last year, but have had a new water pump and I am waiting for a letter about the side stand recall (apparently, my bike is one of those affected as it is a 2017 model).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome from Texas, USA. Can't attest to the 310GS and it's quality but I've been impressed with the quality of the 310R - except the side stand recall. But I don't use the side stand for anything other than propping up the bike when at rest. At the moment the local BMW dealer is awaiting parts. Wonder if the parts are coming from India?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome hommes! Why are we living so far from each other? I would love to have a trip around Wales with you! Buy your accessories quickly before they sell double the price after the Brexit … (bad humor!)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hommes,
welcome to this forum
Enjoy our threads

Angiedave, about the recall. When I first put in my vin number it came up with ‘no recall’
A week later I received a letter from the national BMW importer, telling to make an appointment it’s my local dealer for ....... the recall.
The work is done yet and ..... I’m 😊

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked my GS up today from Cotswold Motorrad in Cheltenham. It was parked between two 1200 GSAs so it did look a little on the small side but still looked great. 😂 Now comes the task of fitting all the bits and bobs to beef it up a little. Lol.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Picked my GS up today from Cotswold Motorrad in Cheltenham. It was parked between two 1200 GSAs so it did look a little on the small side but still looked great. 😂 Now comes the task of fitting all the bits and bobs to beef it up a little. Lol.
Congrats! Farkle time! 🙂

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.
I was torn between the Pearl white and the Red. I went for the white in the end but it was a tough call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts