BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another old guy from near York enjoying the freedom of the G310R.

After a few years away from riding bikes I started up again with a YS125 for a couple of years, but of course, although fun it was never going to be powerful enough. I chose the G310R because I thought it would have enough power, but more importantly it's light. Up to now, it hasn't disappointed.

In my garage is my 1981 BMW R100RS, not quite road worthy after being poorly stored by me for many years.. plus a 1952 BSA Bantam, a project started but has ended up on the back burner.. I find when the weather is good, I am out, when the weather is bad it's too cold to work.. well that's my excuse. :)

Being a bike rider from as far back as the sixties I've owned several big British bikes, mainly Triumph twins, but my favourite has always been my Norton Dominator 650 SS. It's still exists somewhere to this day..

Keep on riding and be safe :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you wanna ship the R100 and BSA over to me, I will spruce them up free of charge and ship them back, after 30 years of on road safety checks.

Enjoy the 310! I find my R powerful enough to be plenty of fun, while I deeply appreciate the fuel economy these days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you wanna ship the R100 and BSA over to me, I will spruce them up free of charge and ship them back, after 30 years of on road safety checks.

Enjoy the 310! I find my R powerful enough to be plenty of fun, while I deeply appreciate the fuel economy these days.
Hmmm, do you think I'll still be able to get the R100 on it's centre stand when I'm 103 years old... but thanks for the offer, always good to know there's helpful folk on the forum ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greetings, nice to meet you, everyone. This is a very interesting forum because it is relevant to my passion. I love bike riding when using my favorite bike.
Hi Sam,
pleased to meet you. I just want to say you've probably made a slight mistake. You've actually joined my introductory discussion, to introduce yourself to the forum you have to start your own introductory discussion :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts