1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Its for Tank ring. I chose this because its more adventure
it is nice. the issue that I find with many tank bags that they are too big and restrictive, and too close to my belly. even the one I suggested is a bit too big. what I like about Givi system is that you can take it out just by pulling the lever, instead of pulling a string on the front as in sv motech or hepco, and it also looks much nicer.

i have a nice magnetic tank bag, with many compartments, but to my dismay, the 310 tank is plastic on the top, so no magnet sticks to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My thoughts were, if clearance allows, to silicon thin steel sheet to the inside of the plastic to facilitate the use of a magnetic bag. Haven't had the panels off yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am being looking for a tankbag for a while. I like SW-MOTECH, but they dont have the map pocket mostly and they are expensive. I am so happy with this GIVI tankbag, EA118, because it fits the curve shape of the tank.
How come it looks hideous on my bike, it just arrive today, did you adjust the mounting plate/ring thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
My thoughts were, if clearance allows, to silicon thin steel sheet to the inside of the plastic to facilitate the use of a magnetic bag. Haven't had the panels off yet.
Interesting have you done this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
it is nice. the issue that I find with many tank bags that they are too big and restrictive, and too close to my belly. even the one I suggested is a bit too big. what I like about Givi system is that you can take it out just by pulling the lever, instead of pulling a string on the front as in sv motech or hepco, and it also looks much nicer.

i have a nice magnetic tank bag, with many compartments, but to my dismay, the 310 tank is plastic on the top, so no magnet sticks to it.
The tank is steel with a plastic cover....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not happy with the look of my GIVI EA118, so sending it back, I DO NOT recommend this at all. I will try the BMW branded one, its a 15L to 20L with a map pocket on top.

·
Registered
751 Posts
since you already have the tank ring, why not to get another, smaller Givi tank bag? BMW's one probably requires straps. with 15 or 20L bag your view will be restricted. i think that all these huge bags look monstrous. why would you need it, unless you go for around Africa trip:) I personally prefer to keep my stuff in the rear bags, and use only small tank bag to keep my basic things in it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
BMW bag uses straps which actually mount nicely and out of the way. Even expanded, it does not restrict view of anything but the gas cap. It has a base so the bag can be unzipped and removed or the two rear straps un-clipped to fill tank. Price is in line with others and it fits the contour of the R tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
since you already have the tank ring, why not to get another, smaller Givi tank bag? BMW's one probably requires straps. with 15 or 20L bag your view will be restricted. i think that all these huge bags look monstrous. why would you need it, unless you go for around Africa trip:) I personally prefer to keep my stuff in the rear bags, and use only small tank bag to keep my basic things in it.
Hi Kris, I already have a small GIVI tank lock bag it's about 2L that also looks a bit silly, The main reason is for the map pocket, I believe the BMW one is MADE to fit the tank, and will be a better product.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Kris, I already have a small GIVI tank lock bag it's about 2L that also looks a bit silly, The main reason is for the map pocket, I believe the BMW one is MADE to fit the tank, and will be a better product.
do you mean that it looks silly because it so small, or it just looks silly?

·
Registered
15 Posts
do you mean that it looks silly because it so small, or it just looks silly?
I like the idea of it been quickly detachable, but the bottom of the bag/s should be recessed to hide most of the mechanism, maybe some form a skirt on the bag/s bottom that you can adjust to the contour of your tank. They in my opinion just look a bit naff stuck on top of the filler neck with a gap underneath. I have had the little 2L bag for some time, and I had it on both my S1000R's. They are extremely useful that is why I put up with the dumb looks....

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
i like magnetic bags, but they do not work with gs.

in my other bikes, I have SV Motech, Hepco, but the best in my opinion is Givi. In Motech and Hepco, you have to pull the string in front to release it, and it is not very convenient, and sometimes gets stuck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts