BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeehaaa, the akro finally turned up. About an hour to fit, pretty easy once you sort the required tools.

Love the sound, more readily heard by other motorists and a noticeable uplift in performance. Not huge of course, the motor does spin up easier and 6th feels like what 5th gear did. :grin2:

Reactions: MOTOMAN and SCG310R

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, it sounded good enough as is so left it at that.
Wouldn’t want it too much noisier, that can get tiresome on longer trips.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Looks nice and I agree, originally it sounds much better but with the baffle out the noise is to loud for the driver and the public.
In our country you most probably get pulled over by the police and you can kiss your Akra goodbye.
You end up with no Akra anymore and a fine that is sky high !

·
Registered
939 Posts
Beside your Akra, your weather looks greaat too
Here almoste everyday is grey.
Lots of rain and sometimes snow too.
Temperatures are not really inviting you to ride the beamer and with the salt on the road .................... No way !
It is now time to sit and wait for better times.
If the sun will come out and there is no salt on the road I might start the bike up too spin around town (Little Switzerland area in the Netherlands)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nah, it sounded good enough as is so left it at that.
Wouldn’t want it too much noisier, that can get tiresome on longer trips.
Just for shits and giggles, if you don't mind, how many Australian dollars did the header and can cost you?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased it on eBay from an Italian seller, in this case $675AUD delivered. Just took a month to get here.

I asked the local dealers for a price and was quoted $950AUD.

Now hanging out to put my one on the GS for whenever they get released.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Eccles, thanks for that.
That's a decent saving over the dealer price.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
My dealer quoted me $750 including installation, that was about half a year ago, don't know if it's the same akra, as there are two models. I suspect the price would have gone up by now. Probably the price before they add GST (10%).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts