BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity and of interest to all.
I only managed to put on 1100 miles after purchasing in Spring! Dispiscable! But I’m disabled and am a multiple offender.

· Registered
G310GS 2018
802 Posts
A few hundred km with my G310GS and 10 000 - 12 000 with my 2CV. We got a new family member in February and I'm yet to take him on the bike. He likes to heat my back when I plow snow with my ATW. He also likes to ride with me in the French odd vehicle some people call a car. Anybody who knows the Citroën 2CV, knows it's far from just a "car". Anyway, we drove from South of Finland, thru the Balticum and Poland to Paris via most of Europe in the summer heat. Home we drove via Sweden. I'll be riding more this year. A friend bought a Aprilia Pegaso and we'll drive up to Laponia next summer.

Attachments

· Premium Member
614 Posts
I've owned my Little Giant, a 2022 G310GS Rallye, for one week shy of a full year, but her first month was spent in my garage while I upgraded her (lots of Rally Raid + KKE VMX cross-spoke wheels). Since then, we've rode 10,577 miles with 7,072 of those miles in one mega-trip from North Carolina to Missouri to NEBDR to Nova Scotia and back to NC. I had to use Roadside Assistance once; we were in Northern Georgia 114 miles from home mid-October. Thanks to a herculean effort, my dealer (Eurosports Asheville) diagnosed and replaced her failed ignition coil and we were riding the Smokey Mountain 500 just 10 days later. We finished 2022 with our "Story of a Little Giant" published in the December issue of BMW Owner's News. In the pic below, on a Thanksgiving Day weekend ride, she's overlooking the NC Green River Game Lands area from the top of Mt. Tryon, known locally as the first peak of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

· Registered
35 Posts
I passed my test in Sept 21 and bought my G310R. I did over 1000 miles in the first three weeks. Realising that with a 5k PCP I would have to cut back a bit I bought a 1978:R60/7. By the time the G310R went for its annual service it was on 4800 miles while I had done another 3600 miles on the R60.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Citroen is the epitome of French interpretation of the automobile. Not sure you can call it a mere “car”. I love ‘em cause I like different. Hats off to anyone keeping one operable.
One footnote, when I was cowboying, quads replaced horses. One slick advantage was my dog could ride the long distances rather than run and get wore out before I needed him to work.
And I could hold his sorry arse if he were fixing to the wrong thing, like turn the cattle the wrong way. Which was his favorite wrong thing to do.

· Registered
74 Posts
Bought my 2019 GS in March ...
Got my motorcycle-license in beginning of May....
And I put 4.000 km on it in 2022 :)

· Registered
BMW G310 GS 2019
21 Posts
I have several old bikes, but the BMW K75c that I took in use for six years ago I put 245.000 km since then (153.000 miles).
In average it will be approx 42.000 km (26.000 miles) every year.
The other bikes I only drive 10.000 km approx (6200 miles).

This year I will hope the new (for me) G310GS will give me several of km/miles of joy.
(I have an old Volvo 121 Amazon since 1966, and nearly ever use or drive cars except for summer joy). The bikes is for me a lifestyle and have ride bikes for over 44 years.

· Super Moderator
1,411 Posts
Probably around 5000km, I use the bike mainly on my 2 x 10km commute every weekday. I have an 8000km limit with my insurance, that's part of the reason why I pay around AUD300 per year for insurance

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Probably around 5000km, I use the bike mainly on my 2 x 10km commute every weekday. I have an 8000km limit with my insurance, that's part of the reason why I pay around AUD300 per year for insurance
Interesting. Here in the states, I've never seen or heard of an insurance policy with a mileage limit.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Insurance is some strange stuff I think. I used to not bother on my motorbike calculating that it wouldn’t matter as I would be dead. Then a drunk failed to kill me. Lost my license for a year and bother expensive insurance for a while. Expensive lesson.

• Sad
Reactions: JerryG

· Registered
203 Posts
I only did 5000 miles in 2022, but in my defence I moved house in the middle of it.
As for Citroen 2CV, many years ago, I worked night shifts during the winter, and one of the fella's had a 2CV, we used to take the pe.. out of it, calling it a Puddle jumper and, fairground ride etc etc. But we all had to eat our words on frosty mornings, whilst we were still busy de-icing our cars and scrapping ice off, Dennis who had the 2CV was half way home. Apparently the heater ducts took heat from of the top of the engine, or so he said.

· Registered
29 Posts
Multiple offender as well! Between 3 or 4 bikes I've owned this year I'd say only 3,000-4,000 miles in total. 2,000 or so on the GS310 I bought in April. At times between cars and bikes I have had 6 at the peak and I always got a chuckle when I drove / rode all 6 in a day. Sometimes it's a bit of a chore between parking/storage, insurance, and going to get gas in multiple vehicles. I might have a problem....
Never look to Tyler Hoover, of Hoovies Garage on Youtube as a role model.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts