BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
one thing I would like to add is that one should not lubricate the clutch cable. modern cables do not require lubrication, and by lubricate them, you begin to collect dust and dirt inside, plus damaging the inner layer of the cable which has special coating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One owner that I know have already installed the hydraulic clutch. A unknown Chinese brand, but it works well. He said the world is completely different after installing the hydraulic clutch. I am wondering does anyone install the hydraulic clutch here. I am searching the catalog of Magura website today, cannot find 310 on it. The heavy clutch issue really bothers me.
I see the problem. The photo shows you using your right hand. Try using your left.:smile2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
the benefit of hydraulic clutch is that you don't have to adjust the cable. i never had one, but I rode a bike of my friend with hydraulic clutch. it was rather hard, but it depends on the size of the clutch master cylinder, his was just too big. if anything, I would not get Chinese copy because one of the possible issues with hydraulic clutch is that it can leak, from top or the bottom, and then you have a real problem.
I adjusted my clutch the first time when 6000 miles, and die yesterday with almost 7000 miles, the end cable pin at clutch lever end disappear when riding, hopefully no accident, now I have to buy a new cable and change I guess for anther 7000 riding miles, I am not sure what the clutch live is, I had not seen issues like this in this forum, any idea?

·
Registered
582 Posts
This is an older thread. Kris since got the later iteration with slip / assist clutch and converted to a hydraulic clutch. He detailed his install fairly well. I’d think that 6000 miles is a Tad early for failure for such a light pull. Kris changed his mind about hydraulic clutches With the slip/assist units. Much would depend on how costly it is to change cable over installing a hydraulic one. I don’t recall reading any having issues with premature cable failure and very few complaints about the slipper/assist clutch with cable.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts