BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello and sorry for the delay..
No I haven’t installed the kit yet.... still debating what is my best option. After reading about Klousseau and the HyperproShock... I want to know how much both options will cost and which one will lower the bike the most.
I’m going to contact a certified mechanic soon .. riding season has yet to start for me (another long month at least I’m afraid) so I have a bit more time to make a decision.

I will update the page once the job gets done though.
Did you install the link in the end? It seems that those are the only kinds of lowering links for the GS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just had a bunch of mods installed on my 310GS. HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”. Also installed Powerbronze screen (quality so-so), R&G Crash Bars, Fork sliders, Swing Arm Sliders and high Renthal Bars. I can flat foot the bike now and the higher bars are much more comfortable and clear the tank when going lock to lock.
Can you please give me more info on the lowering parts, I need to do the same 2.25" would be great...if you are in UK who supplied the parts...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had a bunch of mods installed on my 310GS. HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs to lower the bike 2.25”. Also installed Powerbronze screen (quality so-so), R&G Crash Bars, Fork sliders, Swing Arm Sliders and high Renthal Bars. I can flat foot the bike now and the higher bars are much more comfortable and clear the tank when going lock to lock.
I just ordered the lowering kit from Touratech, which includes the HyperPro Shock and Progressive Fork Springs.

Did you get the side stand lowered as well?

How much did the mechanic shop charge you for the job?

Thank you

·
Registered
769 Posts
you do not need a 'certified' mechanic to make those changes. it is a simple job. but i am wondering about the lowering link that BMW supplies. how much it lowers the bike? by the way, i fitted the Hyperpro front springs, and there is small challenge if I remember correctly. In one of the forks there is strange system (the new Versys 650 has the same one) where there is an inner sleeve that needs to be unscrewed. and it is locked with red loktite. you are suppose to use a special tool, but I just heated it with heat gun and opened it with leatherman. Can anyone confirm? i am not sure this was in small gs or Tiger :). i am sure many of you changed the fork oil; you are suppose to change it at least every 2 years. so i am sure you saw what is inside the forks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts