BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -- just picked up a 2018 G310GS as my wife now rides the (newly lowered) 2018 G310R. It's nice having fairly matched bikes.

The bike came with heated grips -- they work but I have no idea what brand they are. Also, with the addition of the grips and the Barkbusters, the bar end weights are gone (the little piece of the grip at the end is not a weight, just aluminum). It doesn't appear that I can add back stock bar ends, but Barkbuster does sell a weight that goes on the outside of the rail, which I will probably do unless someone has a better idea.

Has anyone ever seen heated grips like this? Any help in identifying it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! Thank you kompelec! I searched thru Google Images for heated grips but didn't try a reverse search. I'm not so sure I should count on those grips now that I see them. Although in August heat, they do get quite warm.

Regardless, it's good to know as I'm deciding whether to hunt down Barkbuster bar ends or restore the stock bar ends with Oxford heated grips. I'm now thinking the latter.

Thank you sincerely for this! I'm grateful!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good luck finding Barkbusters. Ive searched the past couple months. Everyone seems sold out! If anyone seen any lately, spread the word, please.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
54 Posts
I picked up a set of “Acerbis” hand guard from Cycle Gear, they are universal fit, but went on the G310gs without any problems, installation was straight forward with no problems. I will check the exact model that I got when I get back to my garage, and I will post an update.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Barkbusters were installed when I bought the bike. I ended up getting the stock bar ends from Max BMW. It all fits great with the no-name heated grips (I removed their non-weighted bar ends). I did have to make a short spacer to fit precisely. The heated grips aren't up to stock or Oxford level, but they seem to work well enough, although I've only used them during a cool, not cold, ride. The stock bar ends significantly reduce vibration.

Those Acerbis guards look great!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good luck finding Barkbusters. Ive searched the past couple months. Everyone seems sold out! If anyone seen any lately, spread the word, please.
I'm not sure if these guys ship overseas or not, but if your desperate, I guess you could shoot them an email to find out, bought mine from them a few months ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not sure if these guys ship overseas or not, but if your desperate, I guess you could shoot them an email to find out, bought mine from them a few months ago.

just order a set of Barkbusters n Handguards. A bit pricey shipping, $38. To San Diego, but I am happy.
Good people to do business with. Very fast answering my inquiries. Fast shipping too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just order a set of Barkbusters n Handguards. A bit pricey shipping, $38. To San Diego, but I am happy.
Good people to do business with. Very fast answering my inquiries. Fast shipping too.
I received them a few days ago. Arriving fast than I expected. Motorrad Garage a full on shop. They are great people to deal with. Answered my email in less than a day. Shipped within in 48hrs.
Totally satisfied all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts