BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you place the state inspection sticker? Do not think the gold fork surface is the best spot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
In Maine the state inspection sticker goes on one upper corner of the license plate while the registration sticker goes on the other upper corner. I can't remember which is which because the bikes are 2500 miles away. We're staying in Texas this summer because of the risks associated with the coronavirus.
In Texas there isn't an inspection sticker. The vehicle must pass inspection before it can be registered, meaning the registration sticker indicates the bike passed state inspection.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
I've seen some people put it under the seat, on the outside approximately where the side of the battery would be on the inside.

Time to go digital, no registration papers or stickers here in Australia. Soon drivers licences will also be redundant here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine's bolted to the back side of the plate in a little plastic holder - it's completely filthy and no one ever looks... If they really wanted to they could rotate/bend the plastic back a bit and have a look

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Texas for many years it was required to have a little metal plate just below your licence plate and there you placed the inspection sticker... However now everything is on line... You have to take the bike for inspection at the most 60 days before the renewal of the plates and all they give you is a receipt for the inspection and record it on line so when you renew your plates it is there...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like the Trump Obama thing on your avatar. I guess it is like the double sided flag (Confederate on one side and Union on the other). In VA I have seen a metal plate that the attach near or on the chain guard using the existing bolt that they then attach the inspection sticker to. That way it is not stuck on your bike parts. In PA they usually stick on forks so high up you almost can't see them unless your hear is near to the ground.

I stopped getting my bikes inspected as it is a waste. There is nothing to check that you can't plainly see or feel that's wrong. Brakes, lights, indicators, tires, horn, it is not a car with many systems and there is no emission testing here for motorcycles.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Unfortunately, you still have tape adhesive on the fork. Maybe clear plastic sheet and zip tie at both ends then can be removed easily?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts