BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you are instaled a Shift Light, I bought one by ebay and I already received but in order to install it, I need to locate the RPM Signal Lead.

Do you know where is located_ The Instalation Manual not have pictures and describe the folow:

You may use the tachometer (rev counter) signal wire. Alternatively, tap the signal wire from the 2-wire Crankshaft Sensor (Pickup Coil), anywhere between the sensor and the ECU box.

If you know where are located the 2 wire crankshaft Sensor or the tachometer signal wire could you help me send to me a picture showing what color is and where is located.

The shifth Light coming with a Red(power lead), Black (ground lead) and a Green/black wire that is this last one Geen/black hat I need to conect. I contacted the Factory and the seler but they can not help me if I not send the wire diagram of my motorcycle.

attached picture of the shift Light

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I know is a shift warning light on the dash but is turn on until reach around 9,000 RPM and the shifth light that I bought is programable, you can define the RPM as at 6,000 RPM turn on or at 4,000 RPM turn on. You can have 3 programs saved, like one to economizing gasoline, other to racing, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts