BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Installed and Planned

5K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  Xavpil 
#1 ·
What follows is just what I have been up to on my GS. I will try to cover details and answer any questions.

Currently installed-

Rally Raid Products UK Engine Guard (Skid Plate/Crash Bars)

R&G Tail Tidy Kit

R&G Axle Spindles & Rear Paddock Stand Perfect for chain maintenance

Reax 25L Dry Bag

Throttle Assist
This plastic thing was only $5 and is a game changer! So helpful on longer rides, especially on the highway.

I also got a Megaboost MB1100 Trickle Charger
Along with a CoverMax UV/Rain half cover and a Cargo Net for bulky items (like a sleeping bag)

Radiator Guard
On amazon I purchased a cheap thin guard from china... I'm not sure it will do much but I have not gotten around to installing it yet.

It was back in February when I got my GS. Living in Ohio that means I couldn't ride much until late March. As everyone is aware Covid happened and that has put a hold on some of my project ideas. But anyway this is where I'd like to be at some point...

Planned installations-

Handle bars
rally raid sells a kit to convert to larger bars but I am not sure if that's where i want to go. Rox sells anti-vibration risers that would be great but only in 1 1/2. Due to a recent spill on gravel my bars feel slightly askew, but it doesn't seem to effect function. When the bike way laid down it was at like 10mph and the Rally Raid crash bars helped keep the bike safe!

Hand Controls
Along with the handle bars I was thinking of some new Puig Levers. Not a crazy must have, but after seeing a few posts about tricky clutches and not so great breaks... it is confirmed I'm not totally crazy lol
Unfortunately the Short Puig Levers in Red, Black, or Silver are out of stock for now /:

Puig Dark Smoke windscreen

BMW Motorrad GS Tank Bag

Givi Kickstand Foot

Barkbusters (revzilla has a 310 GS hardware kit)

Puig Rear Tire Hugger
These are kinda expensive and don't serve a huge function... Look cool and allow you to remove the unappealing rear spring cover.

Givi S310 Trekker Halogen Spot Lights
I've seen it mentioned on here before, but the OEM headlamp is not that great. I am going to switch bulbs soon but feel these would help with visibility.

I have thought long and hard about doing an exhaust... shelved
for me personally it is not worth it. Yes sure the sound would be impeccable and there would be a slight performance boost.. but for $500? After my spill on gravel my OEM heat shield was scratched. No harm done to the exhaust... but it also isn't an expensive aftermarket one so no sweat regardless. If the time comes to replace the unit or even spend the $125 on a new heat shield, that will be when I revisit the cost.

See less See more
#4 ·
With a GS you should check out Rally Raid. They have a ton of after market support on the bike that they do in House. I have seen some cool body equipment crash bars on Amazon/eBay that go all the way up the bike. They look more like the bars on a big GS. I wasn't sure how well they would work or what they would anchor into. What steered me towards my choice was the integrated skid plate and crash bar combo. Biggest down side was not being able to use a center stand... I don't plan on riding in extremely remote places, and got axle spools for chain maintenance.

#7 ·
Another user - DRTDVL on here mentioned how important experience and education is to riding. An airbag will make you safe for sure. Not advocating against it by all means, but they are mostly for track use. I considered it too but a good helmet and high quality riding gear is good for most applications. 310s don't exactly break any sound barriers lol :ROFLMAO:
👇
Hello fellow 310 riders

#18 ·
Another user - DRTDVL on here mentioned how important experience and education is to riding. An airbag will make you safe for sure. Not advocating against it by all means, but they are mostly for track use. I considered it too but a good helmet and high quality riding gear is good for most applications. 310s don't exactly break any sound barriers lol :ROFLMAO:
👇
Hello fellow 310 riders
Totally agree! An airbag seems to be the new trend, buy TBH (to be honest) it’s not going to prevent against common sense. And a good Snell and DOT certified Helmet combined with good riding common sense is the best solution.

#12 ·
Center stand allows you to put the bike up off the rear tire anywhere. If the bike has an issue out on the road or off the grid, being able to "stand" anywhere is crucial. I would say more for serious off grid ADV touring. The way I do my chain maintenance is with a rear paddock stand and axle spools. This combo is also more sturdy than a center stand, and combined with a front paddock stand is ideal for major work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.