BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Installed an aftermarket shield from Amazon... $34 and holes barely aligned (when using the little rubber spacers from original shield) - had to widen the bottom holes a bit. But it works pretty great so far.

Also installed are the Heron short brake/clutch levers. Install was also easy, but bike will not start in anything below 4th position while in gear. In neutral it'll start in any position.

Finally, installed the Shad 3P System for the Sh23 Side Cases. Got an open box deal for the system from CycleGear and the Cases themselves are apparently on back order in the states, but got them cheaper (even with shipping) from Motostorm in Italy - they're arriving today. The install for the system was a LITTLE more troublesome, as I didn't realize I'd have to take out the left side passenger peg. Proved to be easy enough though. Here's the video for all the above.

Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
Nice video! Wil check it again when I have more time..

I think that I have the same windscreen.

I have 3D Rhombus levers, first model.
And this has the same problem - that the killswitch is active.
Maybe it is easy to modify it with a small plastic part and some glue.
But mine is already three years in use. Have to look at it still. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah I'm sure we do... there are plenty of these cheap knockoffs out there that don't quite match up. Ha...
The levers don't really bother me that much. Unless you stall out in gear at a traffic light, then you'll have to quickly switch the position to 4 or whatever... but that's rare. Your bikes looks great... waiting on my hand guards to come in soon, hopefully!

Nice video! Wil check it again when I have more time..

I think that I have the same windscreen.

I have 3D Rhombus levers, first model.
And this has the same problem - that the killswitch is active.
Maybe it is easy to modify it with a small plastic part and some glue.
But mine is already three years in use. Have to look at it still. 馃榿

Registered
G310GS, S1000RR. HP2.
Thanks! Yeah I'm sure we do... there are plenty of these cheap knockoffs out there that don't quite match up. Ha...
The levers don't really bother me that much. Unless you stall out in gear at a traffic light, then you'll have to quickly switch the position to 4 or whatever... but that's rare. Your bikes looks great... waiting on my hand guards to come in soon, hopefully!
Yes, it can be a problem at traffic lights.
Green light and the engines stalls.. not what you like with a lot of cars behind you.
When there is someone on the duoseat I have to take extra care not to stall it. Happend.

Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
Installed an aftermarket shield from Amazon... $34 and holes barely aligned (when using the little rubber spacers from original shield) - had to widen the bottom holes a bit. But it works pretty great so far.

Also installed are the Heron short brake/clutch levers. Install was also easy, but bike will not start in anything below 4th position while in gear. In neutral it'll start in any position.

Finally, installed the Shad 3P System for the Sh23 Side Cases. Got an open box deal for the system from CycleGear and the Cases themselves are apparently on back order in the states, but got them cheaper (even with shipping) from Motostorm in Italy - they're arriving today. The install for the system was a LITTLE more troublesome, as I didn't realize I'd have to take out the left side passenger peg. Proved to be easy enough though. Here's the video for all the above.

You got the same bike's as me good taste 馃憤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts