BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for an intercom and a camera around the 100usd max price each, can anyone suggest some? Hoping to stream some music, phone gps etc but also get a second headset and be able to talk to my kids on the back or my better half on another bike?

my helmet is o'neal, another is bell, something i can fit to it. As for the cameras i would like front/rear facing to record some of the dangerous dheads in QLD where i am living....

· Premium Member
614 Posts
looking for an intercom and a camera around the 100usd max price each, can anyone suggest some? Hoping to stream some music, phone gps etc but also get a second headset and be able to talk to my kids on the back or my better half on another bike? my helmet is o'neal, another is bell, something i can fit to it. As for the cameras i would like front/rear facing to record some of the dangerous dheads in QLD where i am living....
Go to Amazon.com, search on "motorcycle helmet intercom", find the Price Filter on the right side and select "$50 to $100". There are lots that fit your criteria.

Go to Revzilla and do the same thing. A few come up that meet your criteria, including Cardo's Spirit Headset.

If you do this someplace and it doesn't have a price filter, select "Sort by Price: Low to High" and page down until you see actual intercom units rather than parts.

Make sure you look for ones that have lots of positive reviews with comments that sound realistic.

If you've already done the above and you're just trying to cross-check what you found in this forum, excellent idea and good luck on your hunt.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, i have seen lots on Amazon with mixed reviews, hoping someone had tried some and can give first hand advice. Most of the reviews on Amazon seem fake a lot of the time!

· Premium Member
614 Posts
thanks for the replies, i have seen lots on Amazon with mixed reviews, hoping someone had tried some and can give first hand advice. Most of the reviews on Amazon seem fake a lot of the time!
Given that and your $100 limit, at least Cardo's Spirit Headset is from a reputable maker and 86% of the reviewers gave it four or five stars.

On the other hand, this might be the situation when you need to bite the bullet and pay more...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”- Ben Franklin.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Given that and your $100 limit, at least Cardo's Spirit Headset is from a reputable maker and 86% of the reviewers gave it four or five stars.

On the other hand, this might be the situation when you need to bite the bullet and pay more...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”- Ben Franklin.
what would i need to spend to get something i can listen to music with, make calls etc clearly?

· Premium Member
614 Posts
what would i need to spend to get something i can listen to music with, make calls etc clearly?
Anything made by Sena or Cardo will have good quality. As to which, if you want to talk to friends, get what they have. If you don't ride with anyone, get the most reasonably priced you can find. Beware of used units as the batteries do age out to no longer lasting a full day. That said, I was able search online, find new batteries, and install them with little fuss.

· Registered
9 Posts
looking for an intercom and a camera around the 100usd max price each, can anyone suggest some? Hoping to stream some music, phone gps etc but also get a second headset and be able to talk to my kids on the back or my better half on another bike?

my helmet is o'neal, another is bell, something i can fit to it. As for the cameras i would like front/rear facing to record some of the dangerous dheads in QLD where i am living....
I have a Sena SMH5 and i find it awesome, no wind noise, good audio, relatively cheap considering all the other intercom prices, it's universal and with other sena devices it connects immediately. My friend bought one too and we always use them to speak with eachother.
As for the camera, unless you spend a lot more (~200-300$) anything is the same, i bought the cheapest i found on amazon that was in offer at the time (Apeman A87) and i wouldn't say that it's the best camera ever, but for 35€ it's good enough for me. Else if you need some good quality recordins, i would look out for some used gopro hero 4 or better.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a Sena SMH5 and i find it awesome, no wind noise, good audio, relatively cheap considering all the other intercom prices, it's universal and with other sena devices it connects immediately. My friend bought one too and we always use them to speak with eachother.
As for the camera, unless you spend a lot more (~200-300$) anything is the same, i bought the cheapest i found on amazon that was in offer at the time (Apeman A87) and i wouldn't say that it's the best camera ever, but for 35€ it's good enough for me. Else if you need some good quality recordins, i would look out for some used gopro hero 4 or better.
I actually have a gopro 7 or 8 somewhere i think but the batteries last like 45 mins from memory....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts