BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from India. Just for my G310R couple of weeks back, odo ticked 350 kms and started getting a mild rattle or knocking sound, dont know if that is due to chain.. surprisingly the nosie reduces with pillion on it. Has any one experienced this ? A mild squeeking noise has also started sounding.. gosh, clutch gets stuck sometimes specially shifting down.. disappointed

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd suggest checking your rear chain tension and lubrication. In the first few hundred km on a new chain, it will stretch, so you may find it has got a bit slack which can affect gear selection. Also a dry chain can make sqeaking noises too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Where is the noise coming from? Also the bike is known to be getting stuck in the first 1,000km and show a " -- " sign when upshifting/downshifting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I missed a shift into first early on and got the --. This is the first 6 speed in along time and I just plain forgot to make the final downshift correctly. I had a bad rattling noise on another bike and when I removed the saddlebag to work on it the rattle was in the bag. It was my coffee pot. Moral of this story, make certain of the source of a noise before trying to fix it. Chain tension and lubrication are important. With a left hand chain and no center stand it is a hard for me to check, so I bought a paddock stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts