BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought another helmet. This is my third. I wanted something with blue tooth and a modular helmet. Cycle Gear had one on sale for $239. It's a Bilt Evolution in flat black. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but looking forward to seeing how it works.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a black helmet, it was brutally hot, So much so that when I arrived for an appointment I had to drink quite a bit of water to feel normal. Needless to say I got rid of that helmet immediately and went to a white Schubert’s helmet.

I see so many black helmets here in Los Angeles I wonder if all those brains are baking in those buckets.

Now I wear yellow Nolan N104. My third 104, arguably the best helmet that I’ve had.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Matt black flip up, and yes it gets hot in the summer and I found that it also marks really easily. Now I mainly use a white full face Bmw helmet, much quieter and no where near as hot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought another helmet. This is my third. I wanted something with blue tooth and a modular helmet. Cycle Gear had one on sale for $239. It's a Bilt Evolution in flat black. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but looking forward to seeing how it works.
I bought a helmet with BT from Cycle Gear and was a little disappointed with it. There was quite a bit of wind noise and the thing was horrible hot. The BT worked good, especially the mic. My wife couldn't hear the wind I was complaining about. Here's a pic. Thinking about ripping out the BT and modding my trusty old EXO-400.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Bought white modular mostly because of safety (visibility), now extra-pleased about the temperature control thing. Have bluetooth which is great for navigation: no need to look at a distracting screen.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a helmet with BT from Cycle Gear and was a little disappointed with it. There was quite a bit of wind noise and the thing was horrible hot. The BT worked good, especially the mic. My wife couldn't hear the wind I was complaining about. Here's a pic. Thinking about ripping out the BT and modding my trusty old EXO-400.
I get more wind noise from my Bilt full face helmet than the modular with the flip up front. It gets plenty of air flow while riding and when stopped just flip the front up

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a black Schuberth C3 Pro, but have reflective stickers all over it, which I think aids visibility, and it is very quiet. My HJC RPHA Max is also very quiet. BILT, which is the house brand of Cycle Gear, as well as their Sedici, do not seem to have the quality as other more well known brands.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm happy with my fairly cheap LS2 silver modular helmet. I just leave the air vents on the top open all the time. I have an Avantree bluetooth headset attaches neatly to the LHS, to receive talkback directions from google maps, via my phone mounted on the handlebars, On the RHS of the helmet I have a Sena (type) tube camera. The helmet is ok, slightly noisy,but its not uncomfortable. The only down side is I am a spectacle wearer, and the helmet has no provision for the spectacle arms.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had HJC IS-17 helmet and found it to be noisy. Now I have Shoei Neotec with Cardo Packtalk, nice and comfortable. I did have to use UClear bigger speakers as Cardo original speakers were very weak.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shoei Neotec 2 with Sena SRL. Very nice, but pricey. I've paid less for brand new motorcycles. But that was a few years ago.
I have the same (Neotec 2) but ended up removing and selling the Sena. The helmet is pretty loud and to hear the speakers I had to have the volume at MAX. Really neat and purpose-designed install for the helmet, but I'd rather ride with earplugs to protect my hearing and just have peace and quiet!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the same (Neotec 2) but ended up removing and selling the Sena. The helmet is pretty loud and to hear the speakers I had to have the volume at MAX. Really neat and purpose-designed install for the helmet, but I'd rather ride with earplugs to protect my hearing and just have peace and quiet!
I didn't get the Neotec 2 because of the limitation that I could only use Sena system. I went with Neotec instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts