BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained a kaoko throttle stabilizer for my 2018 g310gs. There was initially a question which stabilizer would work because the g310gs is a new bike and because i installed barkbuster handguards on the bike.

I obtained the kbb135 model from kaoko and wanted to let everyone on the forum know that model works perfectly on the g310gs with barkbuster handguards. Installation was a breeze and took me about 5 minutes to complete. My test ride after installation of the kaoko proved this was a wise investment. The kaoko performed as designed and held my throttle at whatever speed i chose.

This was a great decision to install this because there is no cruise control on the g310gs as there is on my r1200 gsa. Now riding long distances on the g310gs will be much more pleasurable given the fact i don't have to hold the throttle with my right hand.

I recommend kaoko if you are considering some kind of a throttle stabilizer for your g310gs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I obtained the kbb135 model from kaoko and wanted to let everyone on the forum know that model works perfectly on the g310gs with barkbuster handguards.
Appreciate the heads up, have just recently installed Barkbusters on my GS as well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Which Barkbusters did you install?
I second this question, as I have the "Storm" version and would like a break from holding the throttle on while highway driving.
Also where did you purchase the Kaoko from and how much did It cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I fitted the two point mount (BHG-069) Barkbuster frame with the VPS guards (VPS-003-BK). They do say for the GS to do one side under the cables and the other over the cables. Seeing as I had raised and rolled forward my bars both sides under seemed to work best.

Two Point Mount - Barkbusters

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got a response from Twisted Throttle, a.k.a. Kaoko USA. Here it is:

From Twisted Throttle, Kaoko's distributor in the U.S. At this time unfortunately there is not yet a fitment for the R310GS due to how new the bike is to the market. With it's popularity, we think there should be something coming soon, so please keep an eye on the Shop by Bike section of our website for when the Kaoko brand is listed for that bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts