BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Key Replacement

18K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  G0MYW 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced the key to their bike? I lost one of the keys :( now I'm looking for options to replace the key without going through the dealership. Anyone know if the key has a chip inside? In the user manual, it doesn't mention anything about electronic immobiliser or anti-theft.

#2 ·
*Update* in case anyone is interested to know. Called the nearest BMW Motorrad dealership for a quote, they can't even get the key replaced as the bike is so new that the part is unavailable. The guy told me that there shouldn't be a chip in the key and to go to any place that can do laser cut keys. So that's what I will do.

#8 ·
Has anyone replaced the key to their bike? I lost one of the keys /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif now I'm looking for options to replace the key without going through the dealership. Anyone know if the key has a chip inside? In the user manual, it doesn't mention anything about electronic immobiliser or anti-theft.
Yes, I lost my key as well and tried to get a replacement key via motorrad, but they suggested me to go with any key maker to get the duplicate instead of waiting for the part to arrive. This is because 310GS do not have any memory coded chip inside the key. Here is what I did. Ordered an unfiled key from AliExpress, which looks much better than the OEM key and got it filed in a local key maker shop. The filing process took less than 5mins. It is that easy. See the picture I attached.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.