BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

LED Auxiliary Lights Installed

16K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  gs.adventurer 
#1 ·
As I live in the Cascade Mountains of Western Washington night riding (or early AM) is always a challenge given the number of forest rats (deer, etc.) constantly trying to kill me. I tried another set of aux lights that I had for another bike but at 4” they made the petite profile of the 310 look pretty bug-eyed! So I installed a set of Cyclops 2” NXG LEDs, 10 degrees left and 29 degrees right, activated with high beams. The proportion to the bike is much better and WOW are they bright!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Correct. I have them wired to the high beam through a relay. As they are aimed high and wide they are exclusively intended for rural night use. I use Skene Photon Blaster LEDs mounted on the forks as running lights.

#9 ·
Where did you tap into the high beam wiring?
Hi Rich - I tapped the high beam wiring near the plug at the rear of the headlight housing. I just stripped the wiring cover and used a posi-tap. Not the most elegant solution but it was quick and easy.

Attachments

#14 ·
Engine guards are Hepco and Becker. A link to the seller is in a post further down this thread. The highway pegs are from Iliumworks. They are the same pegs i have on my RT but these have a more generic and adjustable mount fashioned for attachment to engine guards. The only criticism I can offer of them is that they are stupid expensive. But they are also the best I have ever seen. I have used them on numerous prior bikes.

http://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=27-100BL&pID=80

#21 ·
I fitted a couple of LED auxiliary lights to my GS:

Low beam only:

High beam only:

High beam plus LEDs:

The switch is on the clutch lever:

Although the LEDs are only about 18W each they add quite a bit to the light output. But I think I'll wire in a voltmeter to better guide me as I think I want more light so will substitute these with better ones.

I'm used to a lot more light:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.