BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have replaced the standard OEM headlight with a LED kit. I have done a Youtube video of the installation, unfortunately I can't add the link to the video. But you should find it on Youtube, just search for "BMW G310R LED Installation".

It's not rocket science, plug and play installation. Let me know in case of any questions.

Stay safe!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys,

I have replaced the standard OEM headlight with a LED kit. I have done a Youtube video of the installation, unfortunately I can't add the link to the video. But you should find it on Youtube, just search for "BMW G310R LED Installation".

It's not rocket science, plug and play installation. Let me know in case of any questions.

Stay safe!
This is a great video, thank you for sharing! Any issues with overheating? A few members here found that the fan on the LED kits didn't sufficiently cool.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Really considering this as I ride in the dark a lot. Seems like an awesome addition to the bike that should have been standard, but good thing we got aftermarket parts ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! No issues at all, have it since 3 months and about 1,000 miles. It also comes with a 2 year warranty and is waterproof.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Which brand/set did you end up getting? I have a 3-sided one and it lights up the road ok. Noticeably brighter than the stock halogens for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Opt7 Fluxbeam LED Kit. I usually don't ride at night, so don't know how it performs, but guess much better than the OEM H4 light. Got it mainly for better daylight visibility and LED makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also have a triangular pattern LED bulb. Excellent brightness on dipped beam, but I can’t really notice any huge change onto main beam. However having said that, I’ve only so far tried it in town and not out on unlit highways.

On dipped beam the upper 2 led clusters are lit, and on full beam the lower 3rd cluster illuminated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a point that is worth mentioning for UK riders wishing to convert to LED lights. If a vehicle doesn't have LED lights when originally built then the vehicle will fail it's MOT test when the appropriate time arrives. This information came from my local MOT testing station. There may be different area interpretations across the country.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just a point that is worth mentioning for UK riders wishing to convert to LED lights. If a vehicle doesn't have LED lights when originally built then the vehicle will fail it's MOT test when the appropriate time arrives. This information came from my local MOT testing station. There may be different area interpretations across the country.

Interesting. My understanding was that it is illegal to use an LED bulb in a conventional light due to the different reflector requirements of the LED bulb, but that fitment of a complete LED light unit was legal. I'm not convinced that, generally, Regs have kept up with lighting developments.

As an edit, I see that someone has done a bit of research https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/blog/are-led-headlights-legal-in-the-uk/ If it takes as long to get the rules changed as it did for bicycle lights then we are in for a long wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts