BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just want to let everyone know that I had a local BMW dealer in this area replace the H4 bulb with a Cyclops 3800 Lumen H4 Led Bulb. The results were a big disappointment. Since I had the bulb installed, it is no longer eligible for a return so I am stuck with it and wasted $75.00. :frown2:
Don't get me wrong. The Cyclops Bulb is a great product and is the #1 top rated on the market. That's why I bought one. But the factory installed regular H4 that came with the bike is much brighter and throws out a much better pattern. The problem is in the reflector. It is NOT DESIGNED for led type bulb so I am going to take the Cyclops out and install the regular H4 until I come up with a better solution.
I am interested in a bulb that is powerful, won't cause a huge strain on the electrics and most important that will stand out instead of blending into the normal light spectrum to better gain the attention of inattentive drivers.
I anyone out there has ideas, please share them.
Thanks so much.
David

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I just want to let everyone know that I had a local BMW dealer in this area replace the H4 bulb with a Cyclops 3800 Lumen H4 Led Bulb. The results were a big disappointment. Since I had the bulb installed, it is no longer eligible for a return so I am stuck with it and wasted $75.00.

Don't get me wrong. The Cyclops Bulb is a great product and is the #1 top rated on the market. That's why I bought one. But the factory installed regular H4 that came with the bike is much brighter and throws out a much better pattern. The problem is in the reflector. It is NOT DESIGNED for led type bulb so I am going to take the Cyclops out and install the regular H4 until I come up with a better solution.
I am interested in a bulb that is powerful, won't cause a huge strain on the electrics and most important that will stand out instead of blending into the normal light spectrum to better gain the attention of inattentive drivers.
I anyone out there has ideas, please share them.
Thanks so much.
David
Dang. I was looking at that today actually. Maybe I'll try to find the PIAA unit and try that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see the Cyclops has only 2 big Cree leds per side and the Philips Luxeon I have, has 5 smaller ones per side, maybe that's why the Philips has a better pattern? It is also double the price of the Cyclops...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see the Cyclops has only 2 big Cree leds per side and the Philips Luxeon I have, has 5 smaller ones per side, maybe that's why the Philips has a better pattern? It is also double the price of the Cyclops...
The PIAA one is also around $150USD. Out of stock at the moment too on their website. Knockoffs are apparently an issue too with many LED lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts