BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick post. I wanted led turn signals on my G310R but didn’t like the price BMW wanted, seems a shame that they didn’t fit them at the factory.

I found some that look exactly the same as BMW’s offering on a web site, www.banggood.com, paid just over £30 for a set of 4, shipped airmail from Belgium and took less than a week, even though the website suggested they come direct from China.

Haven’t fitted all of them yet but just trial fitted the front ones and they fit perfectly and are very bright and clear and all for £70 less than BMW. just bolt them in and off you go.

I was concerned about having to put in extra resistors but they don’t need them.

I guess only time will tell if they last, but the quality appears really good for the price.

Check them out if your interested, I’ll post some photos when I’ve fitted them, just need the weather to get a bit better before Fitting them fully.

If you look for them, search for:
Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Indicator Light For BMW S1000RR HP4 F800GS R1200R
Should find the right ones as they list all the usual crap there as well!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nsbeckett I ordered mine and am waiting for them to arrive, While looking at the German G310r forum I came across this video, Its from German G310 owner Alpine Andy ad might be helpful when you come to do the rear indicators.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nsbeckett I ordered mine and am waiting for them to arrive, While looking at the German G310r forum I came across this video, Its from German G310 owner Alpine Andy ad might be helpful when you come to do the rear indicators.https://youtu.be/mFTR_EfhTyw
Yeah I saw his video and looks a bit time consuming to do the back ones, but they look pretty good at the end.

Did you order from banggood then? I noticed the price has gone up a little since I got mine, but still cheap 😀

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the test Nsbeckett, I was not sure because of the extra resistors question, so I ordered 2 pairs as well ;-)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah I saw his video and looks a bit time consuming to do the back ones, but they look pretty good at the end.

Did you order from banggood then? I noticed the price has gone up a little since I got mine, but still cheap 😀
Yes. I ordered from Bang Good and it worked out at about £34 for 2 sets. Worthwhile. I've ordered quite a few items from (its rival?) Ali express over the last 2 years and have noticed that, generally, the quality of items now from the far east is quite good. Can't wait until they arrive to fit them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. I ordered from Bang Good and it worked out at about £34 for 2 sets. Worthwhile. I've ordered quite a few items from (its rival?) Ali express over the last 2 years and have noticed that, generally, the quality of items now from the far east is quite good. Can't wait until they arrive to fit them.
I’m the same, I’ve ordered lots of stuff over the years from banggood and as you say the quality is pretty good. I’ve only had one issue and they sent me a replacement and gave me a refund as well.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the bmw ones are from China anyway, most things are nowadays.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is he using zip ties to bundle the excess wiring or to hold them in place?
Excess wiring. The originals are held in with a nut and Allen bolt. Take this out, twist by 90 degrees or 180 degrees (can’t remember which), bit like a keyhole arrangement, and they come out, feed the wire through. New ones go in exactly the same. You have to use the brass coloured spacer in the bolt hole to avoid tightening too much, the ones I brought didn’t come with these but they push out the OE ones easily.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I can't recall when I looked at the R and GS in the showroom side by side some months ago, but are the
signals the same? Would these fit the GS?
Really can't beat that price if they are half decent.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
I can't recall when I looked at the R and GS in the showroom side by side some months ago, but are the
95% sure they are the same signals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think they are the same but just check the length of the part that you bolt to the bike as they do make two different sizes, a long and short. Banggood only have the short, but I’ve seen the long ones on eBay.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is he using zip ties to bundle the excess wiring or to hold them in place?
Excess wiring. The originals are held in with a nut and Allen bolt. Take this out, twist by 90 degrees or 180 degrees (can’t remember which), bit like a keyhole arrangement, and they come out, feed the wire through. New ones go in exactly the same. You have to use the brass coloured spacer in the bolt hole to avoid tightening too much, the ones I brought didn’t come with these but they push out the OE ones easily.
Ok was just wondering what the guy in the video was using zip ties for.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Excellent quality, and got here in less than 2 weeks. The front indicators were easy to install, approx 5 minutes each, the back indicators will be a weekend job.
Managed to install the back ones today, took an hour to do, not too hard.

You will need to remove the handles, remove the back side panels (keep the lock cable on, you don't need to remove this.

Remove the six upper bolts from the underneath portion, it will still be attached by two screws towards the lower front portion, this can now be lowered enough so that the indicators can be removed.

cut the cable ties holding the indicator cable and plug in place (2 on each side, make sure you have new cable ties to replace these)

Remove the old indicators and install the new ones, they are plug and play, you won't need any resistors like other after market led indicators.

I have attached some photos of the new led indicators:

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just received my two pairs from Banggood and just installed on my GS.
Regarding above questions : they are the same for both 310R and 310GS, the 25cm/10" cable is long enough, it's really plug&play, don't forget some threadlock on screws to avoid losing them, and if the back needs also to be fully disassembled, the front (and its +40 screws) also on the GS !
Works and looks perfect :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts