BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me to where the + - wires are for the LED license plate light?
Nothing in the manual...

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello, I took a part the rear tail section and found the three wires(test light used to determine which wires are power, brake and ground) that go into the tail light. You can take power from there and use the ground wire. The most time was spent taking apart the rear section to get to the wires. I soldered the wires and applied black tape again where I removed the factory tape to expose the wires. I am going to hook up my Givi top case lights but likely over winter. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kingsar.

Thanks for the reply.
What are the steps to remove the tail section?
I tried removing the 2 bolts directly underneath, but will not budge.

Many thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey esa1178

I took the rear handles off, then all the bolts that hold up the rear under tail section. There are two bolts by the battery as well. Once done you will see the tail light wires. You may have to cut the wire ties which hold the wire to the frame on to free up some slack in order to attach your LED lights. It is easy as long as you take your time find all the bolts. There are two sir clips which hold the tail light onto the rear under tail and two bolts. You just need to take the bolts off not the sir clips. Which I could find a diagram online but in a quick search nothing which helps explain. Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that!
But for me, all I need to do is access the wiring close to the light at the tail.
I think I can do that by removing the 2 bolts underneath the rear BMW logo.
But when I do, the light section is loose but will not detach.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello, I took a part the rear tail section and found the three wires(test light used to determine which wires are power, brake and ground) that go into the tail light. You can take power from there and use the ground wire. The most time was spent taking apart the rear section to get to the wires. I soldered the wires and applied black tape again where I removed the factory tape to expose the wires. I am going to hook up my Givi top case lights but likely over winter. Hope this helps.
Well don't keep us in suspense, which color is which?:grin2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Roger that! To be honest I can remember just used the test light and got her done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts