BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found good LED indicators? would one need to use some resistors with them or a regulator like this one? if so I wonder where does it fit in the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got the F800GS Euro shorty LED clones off Ebay, they work perfectly and the rear ones have just the right offset to clear the brackets for the side cases.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
132 Posts
they are "can bus" lights in the fact they have resistors made in so they draw the same amount of power as the stock incandescent bulb so they wont set a fault code in the canbus system

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed a set of Cyclops Evolution Safety Turn Signal inserts a couple of weeks ago, and they are fantastic.

They're not cheap, but it's a whole kit that turns the front signals into bright white running lights that change to turn signals on demand, and the rears are auxiliary brake lights that also are turn signals. Here's the link

The inserts fit like a glove in the stock stalks and are brighter than hell. It took me a couple of hours to install them, but that was mainly time to remove (what seemed like) 468 body work screws to route the wires. I was going to add aux lights to the front anyway for better visibility in traffic, so spending the money on these helped justify the cost instead of buying aux driving lights.
edit - I made a video of what they look like here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts