BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 G310GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left rear turn signal fell off. Well not all the way off but it looks like it may have been loose when I picked it up and so it vibrated out. Ok simple fix right, I removed the screw, ,twisted the light back into the mount and put the screw back in. Only thing, the screw won't torque down. Is there a threaded piece on the inside of the fender that has fallen off? And if so do I have to take apart the whole rear end of the bike to retrieve and reinstall it? Or is it something else?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I suspect it’s like much of the Tupperware and the nut is not retained but clipped into place. id start taking apart until found where nut supposed to be. Hopefully the clip nut will be hanging out. If not you will have to get creative. How fun. Check your nuts, the others.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the same issue. There's a nut with a washer on the inside, but you won't be able to reach them without taking most of the tail off. I watched some YouTube videos where people claimed to have done it with only taking the back four screws out and bending the plastic down, but I tried it and couldn't even get half my hand in.

·
Registered
2022 G310GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. Yeah I figured it out. I really like this little bike so far but putting a nut on the business end of a bolt in an inaccessible place is just pure evil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts