BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crossed the Cascades from West to East on Saturday. Foiled by snow around 4,000’ elevation but eventually found a route that was clear from Chelatchie Prairie, WA to Trout Lake, WA. About 215 miles, 50/50 pavement. I am loving this little machine more and more with each ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Crossed the Cascades from West to East on Saturday. Foiled by snow around 4,000’ elevation but eventually found a route that was clear from Chelatchie Prairie, WA to Trout Lake, WA. About 215 miles, 50/50 pavement. I am loving this little machine more and more with each ride!
what brand is your pannier carrier? Hepco & Becker? can you post a pic with your cases attached? cheers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My side carrier racks are indeed Hepco & Becker, as are the top case mount and engine guards. I don't plan to use the side cases on a regular basis, preferring to use the lighter, slimmer top case when not traveling. But I already had the Caribou side cases as I use them on another bike. When traveling I may use the side cases and carry a soft waterproof bag on the top carrier rack but no hard top case. I have taken some pics with just the side cases and all three. Though I haven't experimented much it seems that all three with any real contents might be a bit much for the bike. In any case here they are:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice! how did you manage to use peli cases instead of Hepco hard cases? looks really interesting
My Pelican cases are the version sold by Caribou Luggage and I have had them for 4 years or so, having used them on several bikes. I just wanted the racks on the GS as an option but as noted earlier don’t plan to use them all the time. I do use the top case all of the time and again already had the H&B case for use on another bike. I like keeping the basics - tool and tire kits, emergency items, etc. - in that case and simply moving it between the two bikes. Very convenient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts