BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that's it now, we in the UK are in lockdown once again. Can only travel for essential purposes. So they only thing I can do is clean and polish the bike, and there is only so much of that you can do, once you have done it once or twice. I am on what's known as 'furlough', where you sit at home and get paid 80% wages until you return to work.
It looks like our government are banking on vaccinating us out of this pandemic.....
I will check in on the Forum occasionally, however there is not much to do or contribute until we come out the other side of this.
Keep safe and well everyone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I work in Washington state and a lot of businesses are running illegally right now because they can't afford the current lockdown. The business I work at is supposed to be closed so we park in a different area and turned the lights out in the foyer lol. All but one of us has already had the virus and none of us had any trouble, which includes a coworker with heart disease and another in cancer treatment. But we do where masks and pretend that works lol

·
Super Moderator
1,035 Posts
We're about to head into a three day lock down here (Brisbane) after one confirmed case, that level of strictness has allowed us to be lockdown free since about May last year

·
Registered
12 Posts
UK here too (Lancashire) I've been working from home since March! Decided to do DAS in December managed Mod 1 on the 23rd and passed had Mod 2 booked for 24th which was cancelled due to ice on the road re booked for 14th Jan........Cancelled due to lockdown! God knows when I'll get to do it now? Although it's been snowing loads lately so wouldn't have been using the bike anyway but the most annoying thing is because I don't have a full licence I can't insure it so I've had to register it as SORN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi G4UNTS and Tukemeister it is a bit of a **** show I am UK as well, group rides cancelled and just work then home and then back to work, it is not easy and thank you as it sounds like you 2 are sticking to the rules, the roads are just as busy now as they were before second lock down

·
Registered
168 Posts
No lockdown here in south Georgia, but due to age and my wife's COPD we have self quarantined. No visit to grandkids on Christmas for the first time in their memory. I tried to schedule a vaccine for both of us, but "this mailbox in full and cannot receive messages," is as far as I got. Maybe later this week. This has been a terrible year for cancelled plans and inability to do anything for enjoyment.
Had there been lockdown their would be far less deaths here.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,035 Posts
No lockdown here in south Georgia, but due to age and my wife's COPD we have self quarantined. No visit to grandkids on Christmas for the first time in their memory. I tried to schedule a vaccine for both of us, but "this mailbox in full and cannot receive messages," is as far as I got. Maybe later this week. This has been a terrible year for cancelled plans and inability to do anything for enjoyment.
Had there been lockdown their would be far less deaths here.

Bob
All the best Bob, good to hear that you are keeping yourselves safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts