BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I leave the bike as it is.
when I want to go out, I just take the bike and put some k’s on the clock.
during winter I use a intelligent (!!!!) battery charger (now someone is intelligent here 🥴)

·
Registered
283 Posts
A few days ago, after 5 weeks of lockdown, I decided to start up the GS and leave it running for a while just to keep everything turning .
I noticed a loud clatter from the top of the engine for 1 second doubtless caused by a lack of oil .
Although my engine ALWAYS takes 3 turns to start which will move a little oil around, is there anything I can do to get oil to the top of the engine before it fires up? I really do NOT want to take all of the plastic off to take the HT lead off the spark plug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,040 Posts
A few days ago, after 5 weeks of lockdown, I decided to start up the GS and leave it running for a while just to keep everything turning .
I noticed a loud clatter from the top of the engine for 1 second doubtless caused by a lack of oil .
Although my engine ALWAYS takes 3 turns to start which will move a little oil around, is there anything I can do to get oil to the top of the engine before it fires up? I really do NOT want to take all of the plastic off to take the HT lead off the spark plug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turn the bike upside down ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts