BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
So so, calm down. The best way to treat fools and idiots is to ignore them. If they're not getting their desired attention, they usually keep quiet. Kris has behaved a couple of months already.
sorry.....with everything going on and being isolated, its easy to do so. Yes i completely agree with you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This may be contentious but here we go anyway, my beautiful beast has had the full treatment, when I bought it it had already had everything that RallyRaid can supply fitted by the previous owner ����
However I want more power, (contentious bit��)
What I don’t want is anyone’s opinion on whether this maybe the correct thing to do, it’s my bike I have two others which are more powerful so want I am wishing to do is unlock the engines potential, I have changed ecu’s on bike previously and I wish to do similar with this, it has an open air box, a scorpion exhaust and I want to know what would be the next addition to unleash more HP, I have looked at Rapid Bike, power commander and Dyno boost but can’t find anyone who has already done this on a G310.
Ride safe people ������

·
Super Moderator
897 Posts
This may be contentious but here we go anyway, my beautiful beast has had the full treatment, when I bought it it had already had everything that RallyRaid can supply fitted by the previous owner ����
However I want more power, (contentious bit��)
What I don’t want is anyone’s opinion on whether this maybe the correct thing to do, it’s my bike I have two others which are more powerful so want I am wishing to do is unlock the engines potential, I have changed ecu’s on bike previously and I wish to do similar with this, it has an open air box, a scorpion exhaust and I want to know what would be the next addition to unleash more HP, I have looked at Rapid Bike, power commander and Dyno boost but can’t find anyone who has already done this on a G310.
Ride safe people ������
Start shaving off some weight, that will help a bit (not in regards to power, but how much power you need for what you want). Change the battery to a lithium battery, etc.. But there is only so much you can do to make the bike more powerful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Turbo.

You don't mention a budget.....

With a small displacement engine making little horsepower out of the box any power improvements via exhaust system mods, fuelling and ECU changes will also be small. That doesn't mean they won't be significant gains though.

Power to weight improvements like porth mentions will also help, but depending on your current body weight those sorts of improvements are better achieved by limiting the rider's carbon intake rather than by using a carbon fibre air intake, if you know what I mean.

Just get a turbo. It will be a fun project for you during the lockdown.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let me put it another way, Mr BMW has put his nice little safe mode motor in my bike and now I want to See what it can really do, many years ago this could be achieved by twiddling screws and changing jets, fast forward to today I want to electronically extract as much as I can from this motor and will happily stop just before I melt the piston, Kapeche.
Nothing to do with diet or cutting bits off the bike and throwing bits away, I know that safely locked away in this motor there is possibly another 5 to 8 hp and that will make all the difference when I am adventure riding out bush which I why I bought it with all the Rally Raid fruit already attached, Scorpion exhaust has released a couple already, now I want the rest, I don’t want a safe engine for 100,000 I want some pep for 25,000 😁😎 then I’ll get something else to play with👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hola Geoff,

Your initial planz for the Shad 3P compatible needs more angle to it :D

I've taken some pictures for you showing what I mean and how the Shad boxes attach.

This thread seems to have been kind of hijacked by non-technical things that I'm not even going to look at. That's a shame.

I hope the pictures help with your project!

Stay healthy.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
A follow up observation: the plastic blocks at the end of the metal bars are used by the cases to lock on to. It may be tricky getting it to lock without the plastic blocks, and you will need some way to fasten it down. I'm sure you will figure something out when it comes to it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A follow up observation: the plastic blocks at the end of the metal bars are used by the cases to lock on to. It may be tricky getting it to lock without the plastic blocks, and you will need some way to fasten it down. I'm sure you will figure something out when it comes to it.
Hi. I’m not looking for any form of rapid lock/unlock system for removing my side cases. I was just going to through-bolt them onto my frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hola Geoff,

I've taken some pictures for you showing what I mean and how the Shad boxes attach.

View attachment 14643

View attachment 14644

View attachment 14646

This thread seems to have been kind of hijacked by non-technical things that I'm not even going to look at. That's a shame.

Stay healthy.
Hi. I assume that ‘more angle’ you’re referring to the angle of the front rail. Yours look a lot more upright than mine.
I think mine all depend on how tight my bend can be. I need to leave enough room behind the rear pegs for the pillion’s feet before I can start bending upwards, and then a similar space at the top to where it will mount under the rear carrier bolts. This will determine the angle of my ‘upright’ section of the frame.
Hope that makes sense to you.

I’m still on strict lockdown so not sure when I can start this yet. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some pictures sooner rather than later.
Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. I assume that ‘more angle’ you’re referring to the angle of the front rail. Yours look a lot more upright than mine.
Yes, the manufacturer version of the rails have a bend of something like 92°?

The bend is needed for the font clip on the side case, which grips on first. Then there are two more that sit on the top, and that's how the Shad 3P is easily removable.

I think if the plan is just to bolt on to the side rather than use all the clips, then your initial plan should work just fine :D

Stay well!

·
Registered
751 Posts
So so, calm down. The best way to treat fools and idiots is to ignore them. If they're not getting their desired attention, they usually keep quiet. Kris has behaved a couple of months already.
ok, I will follow your advice and ignore you. I told u before that you need some psychological help. I don't want to sound mean, but that is the truth,

·
Registered
175 Posts
I told u before that you need some psychological help. I don't want to sound mean, but that is the truth,
Thank you very much for your expert advise, Kris. In the way you are expressing your thoughts about my mental health and the on-going pandemic, I take it that you are a highly educated and extremely skilled medical professional.
If your advice had not come in a thread about modifications of specific motorcycles, the BMW G310GS and G310R, I might consider your expert advice.
Instead I kindly ask you to publish your opinions in a more proper forum for the subject in question. This forum is intended for discussions on motorcycle related subjects.
If you have anything more to say about my mental health, please use private messaging in stead.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Told you guys before.....it gets annoying.

But then again....Kris, no 5G here and yet 150 sadly dead Grandfathers and Grandmothers (Who certainly did not use CellPhones).

Believe what you will, just don't hassle us with it. We are NOT interested.
I, personally, am not interested in your (insert preferred expletive...mine is TABARNAK de) Dogma.

Live, let live, and shut the.....you get the picture

RobertB

·
Registered
751 Posts
Told you guys before.....it gets annoying.

But then again....Kris, no 5G here and yet 150 sadly dead Grandfathers and Grandmothers (Who certainly did not use CellPhones).

Believe what you will, just don't hassle us with it. We are NOT interested.
I, personally, am not interested in your (insert preferred expletive...mine is TABARNAK de) Dogma.

Live, let live, and shut the.....you get the picture

RobertB
who are the 'we' here? talk for yourself. it is not me who started to talk about so-called convid19. when I see such a red-neck level of ignorance, I just cannot ignore it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can this guy let us enjoy the motorcycle project? Feel free to post your personal opinion somewhere else, like Twitter. Keep talking about irrelevant topics in a specific project topic isn't that kind of a violating the forum rules ? Especially this forum section is called : BMW G310 GS General Discussion. When I browsing this thread, I am very excited to see some craftsmanship or interesting ideas, then o_O

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I started this discussion to simply share some projects while we were in lockdown/quarantine. It has been HIJACKED by some people exchanging political arguments.
With respect....Can you take your insults and political views to some other page. I don't want to have to trawl through your arguments to find answers to MOTORBIKE stuff.
Thank you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hola Geoff,

View attachment 14643

View attachment 14644

View attachment 14646

Stay healthy.
Hi OuluPulu,

May I ask a favour......

It appears from your images that the 3P frames are 'outboard' or wider apart than the rear footpeg pivot bolts (which is where I wanted to mount my frames onto). I'm guessing this is to give the panniers enough space to clear things.
When you can, could you please measure the distance between your side cases? I think this may be easier than trying to measure between the frames, but with either dimension I can work out how much the frames need to be offset from the rear peg bolts and I mount my cases wide enough.
I hope this makes sense.
thanks,
Geoff.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts