BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Oh and by the way I fixed the lacking power on my G310gs as referred to above, I took it to the local dealer and he liked it a lot and said let me take a closer look at the power issue, turns out all it needed was a replacement Duke 690 R, i gave him some money and the Beemer and road home with a huge smile on my dial, just a couple of figures for reference, 148.5kg & 75 BHP of absolute fun.
sad to part with the Beemer but she was bought for a ride which is now cancelled so thought I might have some fun for a while, looks nice next to my XTZ660 and my dirt bike, ride safe fellas

Registered
Ffs Geoff can you stop banging on about motor bikes, I want more Kris and the red necks I feel I have learnt so much 馃榿馃榿馃槑
are you really lacking power in our small BMW? I would not mind changing the map a bit. yet, I do not see it available yet, unless you guys have other information? but to be frank, it is enough of the power for me. I have big bikes, Versys 1000 and Tiger 800, but I enjoy riding the gs much more. it is a perfect bike, and it never failed me. but I do just ride in the mountains....

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I bought 2 Pelican 1550 hard cases to use for my panniers.
47x36x18cm to be fitted to my Shad3p concept pannier racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Hi OuluPulu,

May I ask a favour......

It appears from your images that the 3P frames are 'outboard' or wider apart than the rear footpeg pivot bolts (which is where I wanted to mount my frames onto). I'm guessing this is to give the panniers enough space to clear things.
When you can, could you please measure the distance between your side cases? I think this may be easier than trying to measure between the frames, but with either dimension I can work out how much the frames need to be offset from the rear peg bolts and I mount my cases wide enough.
I hope this makes sense.
thanks,
Geoff.
SURE, apologies for not getting back earlier, I didn't get a notice from the G310R forum about it!

The distance between the frames is about 49 cm.

I have a topbox fitted, and this meant adding slightly wider grabrails. The edge of the frame is about 4cm from the edge of the grabrails on each side. So I guess the frames are out at the sides so passengers can still hold on, and you can really load that bike up. I bet it would be way fun to ride with fully laden SH23s, an SH50 on the top, and a passenger :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
SURE, apologies for not getting back earlier, I didn't get a notice from the G310R forum about it!

The distance between the frames is about 49 cm.

I have a topbox fitted, and this meant adding slightly wider grabrails. The edge of the frame is about 4cm from the edge of the grabrails on each side. So I guess the frames are out at the sides so passengers can still hold on, and you can really load that bike up. I bet it would be way fun to ride with fully laden SH23s, an SH50 on the top, and a passenger :D
Hi. Yep that figures. I measured my handgrips and they are around 45cm. My top case is 46.5cm, so 49 for the frames would allow the fitting of a top hinging side case.
Thanks for all your help. I鈥檓 still on lockdown so haven鈥檛 started yet. More news later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 49 of 49 Posts