BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to forum, based in NW London

Have a 2018 G310R bought in US new (I move a bit for work), recently brought into UK, waiting on registration plates.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum, your R is going to look a bit different to the other Rs in the UK, maybe get youself some led indicators to try to blend in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, your R is going to look a bit different to the other Rs in the UK, maybe get youself some led indicators to try to blend in.
I'll have to look that up, the UK bikes have different indicators?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good old DOT regulation! Took them more than 20 years to admit the old sealed beam headlights were inferior to halogen H4....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, guess a couple more stupid questions while I'm at it

So it's just LED bulbs in same housing or completely different Indicator stalks?

While searching I see for 2021 the main headlight got an LED upgrade, anyone know if that is swappable onto older bikes? (I'll go look in other part of forum after)

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Thanks all, guess a couple more stupid questions while I'm at it

So it's just LED bulbs in same housing or completely different Indicator stalks?

While searching I see for 2021 the main headlight got an LED upgrade, anyone know if that is swappable onto older bikes? (I'll go look in other part of forum after)
Complete new indicators, you can get them on ebay, I paid approximately AU$50 for four.

Unknown if the new led headlight is swapable, the size seems to be the same, but the connection may be different, and the price ($1,400) would make it moot for many.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts