BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A warm hello to all the members. I live in India and been touring since past 3 years. Have accumulated 60,000+ Kms so far. Looking to upgrade to the GS to start touring with my better half. Looking for a great experience ahead.

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Excellent Jim. That will be a great experience on a great machine.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Jim2525,
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you Will enjoy and learn from our threads.

You must be an experienced driver, 60.000+ km in 3 years !

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to have another experienced rider in the community! What bike are you currently riding that's supported so much mileage in such a brief amount of time?

·
Registered
469 Posts
A warm hello to all the members. I live in India and been touring since past 3 years. Have accumulated 60,000+ Kms so far. Looking to upgrade to the GS to start touring with my better half. Looking for a great experience ahead.

Thanks
Hello Jim and welcome.
You say you plan to start touring with your better half, as in 2 up on the 310?
If so it may present a bit of a power issue unless you both are quite light in weight.
It is after all, just a single cylinder with 34hp.
Loaded to the max, going uphill will require a few downshifts as it really isn't a torquey beast.
Not saying it can't be done, just that there will be some compromises.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Jim and welcome.
You say you plan to start touring with your better half, as in 2 up on the 310?
If so it may present a bit of a power issue unless you both are quite light in weight.
It is after all, just a single cylinder with 34hp.
Loaded to the max, going uphill will require a few downshifts as it really isn't a torquey beast.
Not saying it can't be done, just that there will be some compromises.
Cheers.
Hi,

I understand the compromises quite well. And as i own a 180cc motorcycle with just 17ps and still doing some touring this would be an upgrade for me. And this is the motorcycle which fits my current budget quite well so thats that. Definitely in near future will upgrade to a more powerful motorcycle.
The motorcycling scene is entirely different in India as the most of high end bikes are too costly to purchase and maintain by a common man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts