BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I purchased a used 2018 310GS. It had to go to the dealership to get both recalls done and the firmware update, which has fixed the crazy stalling problem that I was having. I love the look of the bike however, I am 5'5 and it was slightly taller than I felt comfortable with as a fairly new rider. The first thing I did was purchasing a 25mm lowering kit from Forsaken Motorsports in Ottawa. Communication and turn around were fairly quick and product did what it was supposed to do. Once the bike was lowered I realized the side stand had to be shortened as well. New post-recall side stand wasn't even on for 24 hrs and it was taken off and modified. I pulled out my welder, dusted it off and did a quick mod to the stand by cutting off about 2", welding a bolt to a bottom piece and a nut to the top. Now the stand is adjustable and can be brought back to the normal height if ever needed. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
G310 GS
26 Posts
Very nice work! (y)
I like to hook your Idea, cause I concider to shorten the stand of my GS, too. It's nearly impossible to park the bike if the ground is rising to the left.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, and yes go for it, wasn't my idea, but for the cost of $5 for the bolt and 2 nuts and about an hour worth of work it turned out great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I purchased a used 2018 310GS. It had to go to the dealership to get both recalls done and the firmware update, which has fixed the crazy stalling problem that I was having. I love the look of the bike however, I am 5'5 and it was slightly taller than I felt comfortable with as a fairly new rider. The first thing I did was purchasing a 25mm lowering kit from Forsaken Motorsports in Ottawa. Communication and turn around were fairly quick and product did what it was supposed to do. Once the bike was lowered I realized the side stand had to be shortened as well. New post-recall side stand wasn't even on for 24 hrs and it was taken off and modified. I pulled out my welder, dusted it off and did a quick mod to the stand by cutting off about 2", welding a bolt to a bottom piece and a nut to the top. Now the stand is adjustable and can be brought back to the normal height if ever needed. Here are some pics.

View attachment 14723 View attachment 14724
Nice job, good work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts