BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put Pelican style waterproof side cases on my G310GS, but I’ve no idea on what frames they should be mounted!
Has anyone else had this combination on their GS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really like those extra lights and how they have been mounted.
I am curious about the bar with the footrests. Why have your feet so far forward.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tukemeister, the forward set of pegs is to allow me to stretch out on longer rides. It affords a change in hip and knee angle.

Routinely I will use all six (pillion pegs included) chopping and changing constantly. It helps on multiple 1600km days.

I've put them (and those lights) on a heap of bikes:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there such a thing as a universal top case plate that I can use to fix my pelican style top case to my rear rack? Apart from directly (and permanently) bolting your case to the rack, what other options do o have for mounting it??

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Tukemeister, the forward set of pegs is to allow me to stretch out on longer rides.
That's a great idea. I feel the need to stretch out my legs after about 1.5-2hrs riding, and typically just stretch them out one at a time out the front without support.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is there such a thing as a universal top case plate that I can use to fix my pelican style top case to my rear rack? Apart from directly (and permanently) bolting your case to the rack, what other options do o have for mounting it??

I don't know about any universal plate. I just bolt them on. Usually 4 bolts is enough, so removing/refitting them is not difficult. The bags have holes in the edges to take padlocks etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's a great idea. I feel the need to stretch out my legs after about 1.5-2hrs riding, and typically just stretch them out one at a time out the front without support.

Porth I also stand up on the rider or pillion pegs at least every half hour.

·
Registered
751 Posts
pelican cases seem to be very strong. in his website, they use mostly hepco becker side racks. but I had a very bad experience with the guy who runs the Pelican website. He is completely immature, or just an emotionally retarded man. so at the end, I used SW Motech system (in my Tiger) rather than dealing with that unprofessional fool.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know about any universal plate. I just bolt them on. Usually 4 bolts is enough, so removing/refitting them is not difficult. The bags have holes in the edges to take padlocks etc.

Yeh I’d been searching and couldn’t find any kind of easily removable plate system so more or less decided just to fix permanently with 4 M6 screws. This is the top case I’ve ordered.... 480x415x217mm.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bolts and nuts. Come to think of it, I seem to recall that those SW-Motech racks come pre-threaded?!?!?! Just bolts then....

I put a bar between the two cases to make the set-up more rigid. All very simple modding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts