BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I installed the original OEM BMW rear rack, how is possibe mount GIVI trunk?
If you want to use a Monokey trunk, you will need an M8 mounting plate and an SR5126 adapter.

Note there are 2 M8 plates, an M8A and an M8B - the difference is color (aluminum and black respectively).

If you use a Monolock case, the mounting plate comes with the case and needs a little bit of modification to fit the BMW's mounting holes. The modification took me about 5 minutes with a Dremel tool.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you want to use a Monokey trunk, you will need an M8 mounting plate and an SR5126 adapter.

Note there are 2 M8 plates, an M8A and an M8B - the difference is color (aluminum and black respectively).

If you use a Monolock case, the mounting plate comes with the case and needs a little bit of modification to fit the BMW's mounting holes. The modification took me about 5 minutes with a Dremel tool.
I have G310r I want monokey system, you installed the universal plate ? today i tried with E251 but is impossible the holes don't mach, you modified the universal adapter with dremel?
Shad have an adapter for GS version, but i think is the same of G310r
Fissaggi per le valigie di BMW G310GS - Shad - Engineered for riding

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any person install a Bmw oem rack ?
Any advice ?
Installed it myself yesterday; remove the rear handles by removing the two torx bolts per side, remove the plastic cap behind the seat, remove the two bolts under the cap. Now install rack with these six bolts. Easiest job ever, takes 10-15 minutes max. /forum/images/G310Rforum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

Result in the pictures, I'm happy the way it looks and fits!
I like the way this configuration looks!
Does the original 30L topcase mount on the OEM rack without any other metal plate? Or does it need some adapter?
Thanks! 🙂

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have G310r I want monokey system, you installed the universal plate ? today i tried with E251 but is impossible the holes don't mach, you modified the universal adapter with dremel?
My sincere apologies for not responding sooner.

Look at the two circled areas below. You need to remove one vertical web and join the two holes into one slot. The metal plate will then fit "between" the cells and will match up with the stock BMW luggage rack's holes.

The other two bolt holes in the rack match up with the existing holes in the Givi mounting plate.

Reactions: XRaiders

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought and installed the Hepco& Becker rack
Easy, quick and affordable.
(At that time BMW was not having the rack - like the center stand ;-))
Even I am considering the Hepco & Becker as I have Hepco & Becker tail box on my Tiger and using the same luggage rack I can use the same box on my mini GS, the part number is SKU: 6556507 01 01
Hope GS sub frame can take the weight of Hepco & Becker Explorer 45 litre top box.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Givi monokey top case (installed similar to MchaelJ) was replaced by the Shad top and side cases. I can confirm that the plastic Shad 3P universal top case mount (that came with the unit) installs on the BMW G310GS aluminum rack without modification or the need for Shad's metal adaptor plate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just got a 2018 G310R and ordered the Shad panniers and racks. the rack don't quite fit- almost- but the bolts that hold it to the underside of the seat bottom out before they are all the way in, the rack on the right side of the bike pushes against the rear blinker- bending the arm, and the mount is flush against-/pushing up on the rack- seems just a little off. Anyone here have the shads mounted on a 2018R?

·
Registered
59 Posts
the rack- seems just a little off. Anyone here have the shads mounted on a 2018R?
Hi Sio, I found that unbolting after a couple hours of tension/stretch I could re-position the mounts slightly and re-bolt for a better fit. My right blinker clears while my left has a slight bend. I was ready to cut my blinker stems down but the refit is good enough. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Sio, I found that unbolting after a couple hours of tension/stretch I could re-position the mounts slightly and re-bolt for a better fit. My right blinker clears while my left has a slight bend. I was ready to cut my blinker stems down but the refit is good enough. Cheers.
everything seems good now. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought mine used with Givi Monolock softcases + Givi Monolock topcase 45L mounted. It is a lot of keys and the 45L topcase is much to big for the bike so I'll try to swap it for a smaller one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will have the original rack fitted (part # 46548566278) at the 1000km service, because I already own the 30 liter top-case. It luckily is the same model on the 310 as on the R1200RS!
You saying that the Rack of the R1200RS is the same as the 310GS?
Meaning all TopCases for the R1200Rs would fit the 310 also???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told by BMW in Brasil that the Vario Topcase will not fit the 310GS

But a mechanic told me it does. Your post saying the 1200GS has the same rack would confirm that it fits on the 310 OEM rack, right??

·
Registered
52 Posts
my dealer just told me today the Vario fits (but can't remember which 1200 model...I am not sure if it was the GS)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts