BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed it myself yesterday; remove the rear handles by removing the two torx bolts per side, remove the plastic cap behind the seat, remove the two bolts under the cap. Now install rack with these six bolts. Easiest job ever, takes 10-15 minutes max. :grin2:

Result in the pictures, I'm happy the way it looks and fits!
Hi, does your topcase work with your ignition key?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Necro, IKR?
Installed it myself yesterday; remove the rear handles by removing the two torx bolts per side, remove the plastic cap behind the seat, remove the two bolts under the cap. Now install rack with these six bolts. Easiest job ever, takes 10-15 minutes max. :grin2:
Thanks Gaucho, great information saved much time on research. Easy fit as you stated, 6mm Allen key on mine made easier with 1/2" sq drive ratchet. Needed a little attention to hole alignment with the insert nuts, nothing a podge couldn't deal with quickly...

Local Aussie dealer quoted me ~$320 for the GS rack (for my 2017 310R) and I found one on ebay delivered to door for 239. Damn, over 1050 for the colour coded 30L genuine topbox! OUCH!!! Only paid 4300 for the bike with <6200Klm on ode...

Looks like it's off to the cheap box section for now...

41 - 43 of 43 Posts