BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does anyone know if the centerstand designed for the 310 GS will work on a G310R?
I've searched the forums several times and not come across a decisive answer to the G310r center stand problem.. I've read where some people have cut down and rewelded the feet back on the GS stand, but I'm not convinced enough to try yet.. let me know if you are successful in your quest.. below is a link to one person who tried the GS stand.. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,
Answer to the question- NO.
No stand designed for the GS will work on an R without modifications.
The difference in ground clearance alone makes it impossible, with the considerations below:
I have a GS myself.
Over a year ago, I tried to use the extendable T-Rex stand, which was then listed on their site to fit BOTH the GS and R ( since the legs extend ).
It did NOT, and had to be returned. Ergo, it was for the R only.
But, before you jump for joy, there was also an issue with the width of the mount/spacer on the pivot bolt.
I was sent a replacement FOC, which still didn't fit on my GS. It may have on an R- I don't know.
However, given how long ago all that was, one would hope that they would have sorted out all the problems by now.
Having just checked their site, what I received had a single piece mounting, like the current R version.
The mounts for the new GS version are totally different, since they are now basically 2 separate brackets.
Otherwise, the stand looked to be VERY sturdy ( and was a couple of pounds heavier than the one I ended up using )
There were no issues organising the return/refund, but I wasted an awful lot of time and effort in trying to fit the stand onto my bike... Twice !
Last point- Be careful in assuming all parts are interchangeable GS to R. There are many small, but important differences.
Compare the part numbers for your year of R and GS on the BMW parts lists. Only if they are both the same can you guarantee they will fit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,
Answer to the question- NO.
No stand designed for the GS will work on an R without modifications.
The difference in ground clearance alone makes it impossible, with the considerations below:
I have a GS myself.
Over a year ago, I tried to use the extendable T-Rex stand, which was then listed on their site to fit BOTH the GS and R ( since the legs extend ).
It did NOT, and had to be returned. Ergo, it was for the R only.
But, before you jump for joy, there was also an issue with the width of the mount/spacer on the pivot bolt.
I was sent a replacement FOC, which still didn't fit on my GS. It may have on an R- I don't know.
However, given how long ago all that was, one would hope that they would have sorted out all the problems by now.
Having just checked their site, what I received had a single piece mounting, like the current R version.
The mounts for the new GS version are totally different, since they are now basically 2 separate brackets.
Otherwise, the stand looked to be VERY sturdy ( and was a couple of pounds heavier than the one I ended up using )
There were no issues organising the return/refund, but I wasted an awful lot of time and effort in trying to fit the stand onto my bike... Twice !
Last point- Be careful in assuming all parts are interchangeable GS to R. There are many small, but important differences.
Compare the part numbers for your year of R and GS on the BMW parts lists. Only if they are both the same can you guarantee they will fit.
Thanks for the info and some good advice 😀

1 - 8 of 8 Posts