BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS310 was fitted with Metzeler Tourance tyres front and back. Good tyres and hardly worn even tho I done couple of thousand already on them.
What kind of mileage do you think I would get from them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tukemeister

I am just taking my 2018 G310GS into have its 18,000 mile service done on Friday. I still have the original Metzeler Tourance Tires on my bike and they are just barely down to the ware indicators on the rear tire, the front looks like it could go another 3-5k before it hits the ware bars. I am however ordering a new set next week as they have done so well by me. The mileage is mostly street 14-15k with around 3k of dirt / gravel/ sand etc. I am very hard on this bike and it seems to love the beating.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tukemeister

I am just taking my 2018 G310GS into have its 18,000 mile service done on Friday. I still have the original Metzeler Tourance Tires on my bike and they are just barely down to the ware indicators on the rear tire, the front looks like it could go another 3-5k before it hits the ware bars. I am however ordering a new set next week as they have done so well by me. The mileage is mostly street 14-15k with around 3k of dirt / gravel/ sand etc. I am very hard on this bike and it seems to love the beating.

Thank you for that Zente
Wow I never expected that kind of mileage from a set of tyres. I was used to my kwak and Ducati needing a new rear every 3000 to 5000 miles. I know sports bikes are 'heavy on tyres, but I honestly didn't think that kind of mileage was likely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got about 22,000 kms out of mine. The second set I bought Bridgestone Trailwings did not last as long (I have 55,000kms on my 310GS)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilliant thanks - Amazingly for Yorkshire UK I have not ridden in the wet yet
What are the Tourance tyres like in the wet.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Klouseau,
WOW, 55.000 km.
Wonderful,
Did you have problems so far or did you have the same things we all read about on our forum?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts