BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the Denali horn with the harness. the stock horn sounds like the ones on children bicycles. Soundbomb mini is amazing. i actually prefer it to the soundbomb air horn, which sounds like a horn of a track. i did not know that BMW is using very different attachment to the horn. I had to cut it, since I did not have the adaptor, and convert it to the usual system with two pins.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Kris,

Did you connect soundbomb mini to direct original harness of the bike or you used separate harness including relay from Denali for installing Soundbomb mini?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi @Rajesh Kavthekar I fitted the same horn. The wiring harness supplied by Denali is for the standard BMW connector on the bigger BMW's(assuming all those not made in India). It does not work with the 310 as you can see in the attached pics. I did the same as Kris and just cut the wire on the the 310 and used suitable connectors

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
Seems like they hooked the horn straight up without a relay. I did the same with a Hella s90 horn on the G310R.

I wanted to get the Denali, but it wouldn't fit on the R.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you guys for the clarification. I will also install the same without Relay. I was just wondering that I don't lose warranty by cutting wires. But I heard the sound of Denali mini sound bomb and I just loved it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You might lose your warranty. It depends on your dealer.
If you search the forum you will find a post from me detailing a way to go about installing the soundbomb mini without cutting any cables.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts