BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a pair of SW-Motech mirror extenders. These came nicely packaged from Twisted Throttle.com. The extenders are light weight CNC milled aluminum, powder coated (or anodized) in black. I can’t quite tell what the finish is but nevertheless it’s flawless and matches the BMW standard handlebar set and mirrors very well. All fasteners came included in the package, although you will need some thread lock for the fasteners.

Installation was straightforward with the right hand set taking about 30 minutes, and the second left hand set took less than 5 minutes to get on. The BMW right hand mirror on my bike has a reverse thread (for the US) and the left hand mirror has standard thread. Motech included both RH and LH Allen bolts to accommodate the thread difference. The product comes with mounting instructions, and once installed the extenders add about 30 mm to the height of the standard mirrors and 35 mm to the length at the 45 degree angle (to the handlebars) I used. No adjustments to any other parts was necessary.

Once installed these made a huge difference in my viewing angle. I’m a fairly large guy (6’1”) and my shoulders blocked about half of the standard mirrors. With the extenders I have a viewing angle of 180 degrees behind the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll forward pics within a couple of days (tomorrow Space X is launching the Falcon Heavy spacecraft, which I’m going down to Cape Canaveral to see).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts