BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

More active forum somewhere else?

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  porth 
#1 ·
Do you guys know of a more popular forum? This one is not very active.
I see many postings that are unsanwered. And many where people read the post and dont reply. Some guys post pictures or video of their bike or trips, 400 people look at the post and NOT one makes a comment...:) Pretty lame. I am new to BMW. Is this a BMW thing?

#2 ·
Hi Xapil,
note the comments and tend to agree in some cases
Its a new bike - so a new range of riders.
There are some topics that do have a vast range of replies and comments.
Some things we are all still learning about so perhaps non of us have a solution or opinion.
I'm sure that things will develop as the bike increases in populaity and a greater range of owners.
At least I've replied to your Discussion .. ;-)

#5 ·
Every forum is as active as it's members make it to be. Some of us have more interesting things to do than "hanging around" on forums. Some of us like for instance to drive motorcycles, like the BMW G310GS. Others like to browse forums and chat about farkles and modifications. Yet others need to express their opinions about things that are important for them, but might be completely insignificant for others.
For me, this forum is good as it is. I check it regularly and if I can help a fellow mate with a problem, I post an answer. If I have nothing to contribute, I do not post just to collect "points". I do not have a need for expressing my inner feelings or put my personal life on display in this forum. This forum is specific for one model (with variations) of BMW Motorrad's products. I follow other fora for other interests in my life.

#9 ·
I am getting back into posting again, the forum software upgrade has helped make it easier as i had issues signing in before, so i would read the post but couldn't reply as i couldn't log in.

Also, one particular user annoyed me, so i stopped visiting as much, that user seems to not post anymore so it's a more friendly place from my perspective.

The bike doesn't have a long-established model range so the number of owners is still relatively small comparably to other brands/models - its a numbers game at this point. If you figure 10% of owners might be on a forum, and 30% of those will be actively posting, with the g310's it's a relatively small user group vs say the Duke 390, GSX-R's, or some of the most established brands...

#10 ·
Welcome back. I have to say that the small number of people makes it way nicer than some other forum. I haven't seen any post being disrespectful.
And yes, fewer bikes, fewer people in forums.
Like someone else wrote, it makes it more exclusive, which I might like

#11 ·
Do you guys know of a more popular forum? This one is not very active.
I see many postings that are unsanwered. And many where people read the post and dont reply. Some guys post pictures or video of their bike or trips, 400 people look at the post and NOT one makes a comment...:) Pretty lame. I am new to BMW. Is this a BMW thing?

I'm new as well and noticed the same thing. Guess we can just make due and try to encourage more people to respond.

#13 ·
Strangely enough yesterday when i was out shopping for new gloves i jumped on a few bikes to see how they fit vs the G310R and gotta say the ergonomics of the G310R are pretty good. The new F900r has a horrible seat which put me off a bit, the Street Triple RS was really nice but i do hate the headlight, they didn't have a 890r for me to try, and the 2020 monster wasn't available but the 2019 was the closest to the G310R but to me has the most dated looks...

I was kinda hoping the F900r would be the next step for me, but the seat hardness does throw a question mark into that and i'm leaning towards the Triple RS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.