BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

Any idea if the Mosko Nomax tank bag fits the G310GS?

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Buy a GIVI tanklock tank bag for the 310. You will never regret it and it's cheaper than this.

Don't get me wrong, this bag is cool AF but it's way too complicated and fiddly - why would one need 14,000 zippers and pockets?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Givi XS320

It's awesome and durable and the Givi tanklock system is pure magic, no need to use stupid straps. Check Amazon, they have different sizes + make sure you get the right "tank ring" for the 310. I love mine..it's huge and incredibly well made!! It actually "grows" as you add more stuff - it has a zipper around that you can undo to give yourself more space.....I would even say it has enough room for an overnight trip and even a small grocery run.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I considered the Nomax tank bag; the design and well thought out features are the best I've seen for any strap-on tank bag, period. However, I have a Nav VI mounted in the center of my handlebars and when I measured how far to the rear this would force me to mount the Nomax, I decided to continue with the best ring mount tank bag setup I've seen, the Pro tank bag by SW-MOTECH...

My goal was to have one bag to use on all my bikes and to be able to move it quickly from one bike to another despite their very different gas cap positions and tank shapes (XR, RR, & GS). With the Pro version flat-bottomed Daypack tank bag, I can adjust where the bag sits forwards and backwards in 3 minutes via four bolts (loosen, slide, tighten, done) so the bag sits in the best position for each gas tank.

That said, if you don't have a GPS mounted like mine, only have one bike, and/or you really need high volume, a curved bottom Pro bag or the Nomax might be better for you. My own intent is to try my Pro Daypack setup on some long distance GS rides on the TAT and some BDRs and, if I find myself needing more than that, I'll buy a Nomax for long distance use and use the Pro Daypack for all other GS rides.

Link to Pro tanks for GS...

Pics of my setup...
Before GPS mount was added...
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel

With GPS mount mounted from rider's POV...
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello there

Thanks
I hope it fits I just ordered my Nomax Tank bag yesterda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello there

Thanks
It fits super well .

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Automotive design

Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tank bag size and position are issues for me.

While I was at the 2-Day Adventure Course at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, SC, the lead instructor took my 2022 G310GS for test ride to check out the mods I had made, mostly the Rally Raid suspension and the KKE-Racing VMX cross-spoked wheels. He was no stranger to the 310GS, having had an early one himself. He said the bike was much better than the OEM version, but that he really didn't like how far forward the foot pegs were compared to the 1250GS.

When I was riding off road at the Georgia Mountain Rally a week ago, I noticed that while standing, my legs/crotch were constantly against my SW-Motech tank bag (see post #5 above); the foot peg position was forcing me that far forward. Before my next ride, I attended a session on Short Rider Tips with Kandi Spangler; one of the things she mentioned was she didn't use a tank bag because it interfered when she stood up and that was on a 1250GS. On my next ride, I put my tank bag in my tail bag to see if no tank bag made a difference; it made it much easier to maintain a standing position. On my ride home, with my tail bag now full, I reinstalled my tank bag and adjusted it as far forward as the handlebars allowed. Being a Pro version SW-Motech's tank bag, this involves loosening four bolts on the underside of the tank bag, sliding the underside base backward, and re-tightening the bolts. With the bag positioned forward, I found the leg/crotch interference while standing to be tolerable.

Because of this, I won't be getting Mosko Nomax tank bag. On the 310GS, it's large size and how far it extends rearward means too much leg/crotch interference while standing for my purposes.

The pics below show, via the vertical blue line, the foot peg position relative to the seat. They also show how little tank bag space the 310GS has compared to the 1250GS. These are studio pictures by BMW with the vertical blue lines added at the center of the foot peg. I carefully maintained the aspect ratio of the originals so I believe the scales are approximately the same in each. The relative lengths of each, 86.9" for the 1250GS and 81.7" for the 310GS (81.7"), supports this.

Anyway, food for thought.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
210 Posts
Many are the reasons there’s many riders who don’t use a tank bag. Even more are those that don’t use one off road. Kinda like there’s are fair portion of riders who jettison hard panniers for soft to go off road. The 310 is marginally porky from the start, it’s not a freight hauler like a 1250GS. Adding more weight to a porker isn’t really a concept thought to improve handling or performance. It’s really a wee bike, where the concept is “less is more”. Its an awesome bike to learn how to pack light so as not to compromise its best feature. The 310 is one where a person needs to look closely at what it is and how much are you willing to spend to make it what you want it to be. Very easy to spend so much money that you could have purchased a more appropriate unit with the storage, power and suspension you desire. And very likely a modified 310 will still come up short compared to say F850GS Or KTM 500
My mentor had this saying “you can’t polish a turd”

Reactions: LMarr [DK]
1 - 11 of 11 Posts