BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone back to biking after 30 years, 65 years old now and time to regain my youth. I went on a half day refresher course last week and going to order my new g310gs next week.
I picked my G310R up a few weeks ago after 15 years away from biking. I’ve done 200 miles so far, and just got back from a sunset ride around Oxfordshire country roads which was amazing - roads nice and quiet and beautiful scenery whilst I re-hone ,y biking skills. Next step is to fit an after market exhaust to make the bike sound something like a bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome Chippy. I bought mine at age 72 when my venerable BMW K75S became a bit too much to handle comfortably. Mine is a 310R and it's an absolute joy to thrash about. Love it! If you enjoy yours half as much you'll be very pleased.

·
Registered
206 Posts
bought mine @ 65 ... hope you have as much fun as I do...Jon
Jon, I love your TT helmet. What brand and where did you get it? I have a Bell helmet with TT regalia but I like yours much better.

Have to admit I've never attended the TT but I have been in the island half a dozen times and have attended the MGP three times over the years. Way back in the day (late 1960s) I was a member of a USAF-guys-in-England racing team that campaigned in the MGP two years. Also have to admit it was without much success although it was an amazing experience.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Arion. not actually my helmet, but one I always wished I had.
Its an Arai, from a few years back.
Every year Arai do a (very) limited number of TT helmets.
The Travelling Marshals get one issued to them [ with their usually honda fireblde] for their duties.
In my opinion the MGP is better than the TT [stand-by for a heated discussion]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts