Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is pretty stock right now, looking to add on

• Heated Grips
  • Power for GPS
  • SAE connector for Trickle Charger
  • Perhaps connector for heated gear
  • Additional lighting (probably mounted to crash bars)

Quite obviously I could wire each of those individually (would look like a rats nest), but is there a better way to do this? e.g. connect them to something (likely with it's own fuses) and then connect that to the battery?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would suggest researching fuse blocks. There are a good number designed for motorcycles that appear to be both popular and reliable Google motorcycle fuse blocks and you should find a good selection.

·
Registered
296 Posts
On the GS you can find two connectors in front of the dash board. These connectors are both "hot" only when ignition is on. They're intended for heated grips and GPS. Ask your dealer for a GPS connector or search for the P/N in this forum. On the R there might be a similar connector on ether side of the back of the tank. As I don't have the "R" available, you'll have to search this forum to verify their location. I recall a discussion about it some year or two ago.

·
Registered
220 Posts
On the R there is one in the Headlight nacelle and another under the seat (not immediately visible, on the left side of the bike near a tab on the chassis intended for a euro style 12 volts equivalent to a cigar lighter socket) both are fused and contact controlled)

Again a short search will bring a ton of info, it has been discussed at length on the forum

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, the fuse blocks look interesting if I'm going beyond the GPS/Grips

1 - 5 of 5 Posts