BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GS's been with me for 10 months now, and continious updated with minor and major stuff. Got the bike really cheap, included winter tyres (studded) and a big Givi luggage box. Got rid of both these items as I dont really want to drive on icy roads anymore, and spend the money (and then plus some) to do what I like to the bike.
Here's my upgrades (as far as I can remember):

New progressive springs front and rear
New seat from Seat Concept, foam and cover. (Kept the original base)
Added heated seat pad
BMW OEM heated grips
"China" LED headlight (full swap)
Upper and lower protection bars - (painted BMW blue)
Outside thermometer added (12V switched to the ignition)
Tall windscreen with stabilizer brackets (AliExpress)
Kappa Tank bag (small)
Shad SH23 hard cases
Kappa 33l Top Case
Brake pedal extender
Front fender extender
Rear wheel fender extender
17 tooth front sprocket
41 tooth rear sprocket
Wunderlich handlebar muffs
Dominator exhaust with hard dB killer (sounds great - not too loud)
Front fender beak (painted BMW blue)
BMW NAV holder (for Navigator VI - share it with my R1200Rt)
Handlebar protectors

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here's an easy and simple additional mod: Put a M5 wing screw on the right hand sidepanel. It makes checking brake fluid easyer and I've put a charging connector behind the panel for a Ctek triclke charger. As my Otto (Baby-GS) is of the faster red color, my wing screw has red plastic wings :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hasselman,

I like all your additions. I have added some of the same items to my GS including the Shad panniers.
I am interested in your opinion of the Seat Concepts seat change. I put one on my Super Sherpa and
I found it a great improvement. I do find the stock GS seat fairly comfortable. Do you feel it was worth
the effort?
I was wondering where you sourced your sprockets. I do have a BMW part number for the front 17 tooth
sprocket but it doesn't appear to be valid on the Canadian BMW parts fiche.
I installed mirror extensions which I feel are a great improvement as now I see what is behind me and
not my shoulders.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You are correct. Must have been a parallax error reading the monitor ;).
Understandable, and forgiven. A (kind of) paralax error made me turn left in front of an oncoming car. Result: 4 broken ribs, a broken thumb, a broken tibia (legbone), joint by pubic bone open 4 cm (1½ inch), a fracture in the sactrum and some other injurys. Happend 13 months ago. I'm happy to be alive :grin2: The bike was a write off, driver could be reused ;-)
Thou I'have done some mods to my Otto, but I'm not yet ready to publish them, yet :smile2:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
As far as I know the 17 tooth sprocket will have to be ordered from Europe or China, as it's a Chinese market part apparently.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hasselman,

I like all your additions. I have added some of the same items to my GS including the Shad panniers.
I am interested in your opinion of the Seat Concepts seat change. I put one on my Super Sherpa and
I found it a great improvement. I do find the stock GS seat fairly comfortable. Do you feel it was worth
the effort?
I was wondering where you sourced your sprockets. I do have a BMW part number for the front 17 tooth
sprocket but it doesn't appear to be valid on the Canadian BMW parts fiche.
I installed mirror extensions which I feel are a great improvement as now I see what is behind me and
not my shoulders.
Hi,
I find the Seat Concept of great value for the money. Yes, its a bit expensive, but you "feel" it every minute riding the bike. Its a bit wider and the foam is higher density. I've been using Seat Cocept for a couple of other bikes and have been happy with them every time.
My front sprocket was ordered at my BMW store, cost about 10 USD and delievered withing 3 days. But I live in Norway, hence short distance to Germany... My rear spocket was bought through a norwegian web page, but there are lots of these available online. Couldnt find 40 tooth and ended up with 41.

the LED works great so far, and I have just bougt a second one for my wifes 310R. The difference is night and day. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts