Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-BMW Motorrad soft tail bag
-barkbusters handguards
-givi monokey trekker side cases
-extended rear brake lever
-Wunderlich screen and crash guards

I really want the SWMotech center stand but the bike won't pull interstate steep grades past 67mph with the weight it has on it now.

Really considering trading in for 750GS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I forgot it has Rox handlebar risers and some rubber tank grips as well.

I have completed MSF BRC1, ARC, BMW One Day OnRoad, and two BikeSafeNC training courses.

I am scheduled for MSF DBS and intro to trail riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's looking great.

You might do a little better on the steep grades with a gearing change. If you have those kinda hills in your area you might consider going a couple teeth up in the back. Head over to Gearing Commander to see how it affects your top speed and cruising RPM.

Aside from that you might consider a Akrapovic full system and a power commander. (I believe the G310R units fit the GS) Should be about +4 hp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the idea of increasing the power / reducing weight with a rally raid or similar exhaust. Also, reducing weight with lithium battery and of course exercising my big self.

I have thought this bike needed a "7th gear" but didn't consider the gearing possible of being changed. I do feel that gears 3-4 are too short. But I've only got about 1k miles of total riding time so I wouldn't know.

Edit on the original post. It wouldn't pull past 67mph because I forgot to downshift to 5th gear. Again, I'm a noob. It actually pulls quite well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts