BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Wecome PeeJay, guess your weather is still ok for a nice ride. (Me I was on the road at 102 degrees F / 42 degrees C yesterday!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wecome PeeJay, guess your weather is still ok for a nice ride. (Me I was on the road at 102 degrees F / 42 degrees C yesterday!)
I wish. Every time I so much as look at the bike it starts to rain. I've had it about two weeks and have had about 3 clear days. Give it another month or two and we will probably have snow. Happy days. :frown2::frown2::frown2:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Guess what ..... rain too over here.
At this time the weather is changing from summer to autumn.
Usually that means rain, high winds and early darkness.
But .... looking at our previous winters I think we will have nice days to get the bike out.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Yes Bas, I remember only too well the Dutch weather. Summers can be nice but the rest of the year ... not so much. The number of times we all sat in class in high school, everyone soaking from bicycling through the rain.
That's what gets me here in LA, perfect weather, massive traffic jams and still I'm lonely on the BMW, zipping through traffic, everyone in their tin cans just sitting there. Well, looking at their phones, that probably makes it more bearable. I think the weather in Holland is very similar to that in the UK. Brrrr!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's what gets me here in LA, perfect weather, massive traffic jams and still I'm lonely on the BMW, zipping through traffic, everyone in their tin cans just sitting there. Well, looking at their phones, that probably makes it more bearable. I think the weather in Holland is very similar to that in the UK. Brrrr!
Similar story here. Some times I think I saw more motorcycles back in Boston than I do in LA. Boston weather is the worst. I had to shovel to get the motorcycle into my driveway sometimes.

Meanwhile everyone here in LA complains endlessly about traffic but no one is riding. I regularly make it to century City from the south bay in 30mins. Driving the cage takes 60-90 minutes, if it goes well.

Some days I feel like i must pass a hundred Teslas, and I just shake my head. We don't need no stinkin' autopilot, it's 30 minutes and I'm having fun.

The economics of all that metal burning tons of energy to creep along, mostly carrying one person, makes no sense especially in the context of the climate catastrophe.

Meanwhile CA motorcycle registration has fees cars don't get. Penalizing people for rational, efficient, choices. California gets a lot right but a lot gets overlooked as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just go riding in the rain...
A good waterproof layer [does'nt need to be expensive]
Ride smoothly - you'll have just as much fun - it'll make you a better rider.
Have Fun, Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts